• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Black Black Iridium Polar Froggies Packaging...

"Colors the market doesn't want," is all a matter of opinion. My O store says they've sold quite a few of them.

In my opinion though, the new non-limited editions is where it's at.

I've never claimed colours aren't wild enough. In fact it could be said the Acid and Blacklight series are too wild. I have never ever seen someone in public wearing Acid Series or Blacklight (not including the black frames) series frames. Ever. So who is buying them other than collectors?

I'm complaining about the current run because the Acid Series didn't sell, they just haven't sold, so why continue with variations of a colour scheme that nobody wants to buy? That doesn't make sense. The Smog series didn't sell so they dropped it pretty quick, but for some reason they don't want to drop the Acid colourway despite it also not selling.

As for the re-releases I'm fine with them re-releasing styles that sold out first time round. I've already stated that in other threads. The only problem with it though is that they were originally sold as being 'Collectors Edition' and the marketing on the collectors edition runs clearly states they will never be released again. So, if Oakley say "buy these, as we'll never do them again" and then goes back on their word which upsets those who bought them first time round, and quite rightly because they were bought on the understanding they wouldn't be released again.

Matte Blacks are fine, they should always be there. Everyone will pretty much start off with a basic black frame/black lens sunglass. Look at Wayfarers, they come in all colours but theres always been and always will be the black frame/black lens pair. It's a go to.

Oakley can do lots of things with the Frogskins, the options are pretty limitless (proved by the fade series, or the Koston Woodgrain for example) yet they choose to persist with a colourway the market doesn't want.

Actually, a lot of my friends (we're teenagers) have bought the Blacklights because about a year or two ago in Southern California the cheap wayfarer frames you could get anywhere became really popular and soon they started doing cheap multi-color glasses that you could grab for free at the beach (US Open of Surfing) My friends and i thought it resembled that so we bought at least one pair of blacklights...i only bought one and it was for the Fire lenses. Might grab the pink irid. pair for the lens as well. Also, i wear my blacklight every time i go down to huntington! I have the Blue/Orange frame with a violet iridium lens. It looks really sick! I agree with you though about the same color ways but they are selling AND the fade series frog skins are my all time favorite! I have the Grenade fade, Marine fade, and Purple fades..hope to pick up the fire flora and root beer cyan soon. I know Gentei and Oki-Ni will take a while and VDay and Primitives will take longer! haha

"Colors the market doesn't want," is all a matter of opinion. My O store says they've sold quite a few of them.

In my opinion though, the new non-limited editions is where it's at.

TRUE! The non-limiteds are basic and affordable yet something cool that not everyone has!

P.S.
I like your new sig! "Bringing new meaning to the word 'custom'" You do some great work!! I would like to free hand a pair soon like the artists in the Shady Lovers video on Oakley.com Also, congrats on Mod status! :dance3:

Back