• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Black Frames - Help On Care/cleaning?

SpliceD

Pronounced, "Spliced"
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone have any tips on cleaning Matte Black frames?

I have the Matte Black/Titanium Pit Boss, but i've never worn them out because i tend to have an oily face and i noticed that when the oils from my skin gets on the frames, it's a pain to clean.

I'm afraid that if i wear them for longer periods of time, the oil won't come off.

Any help would be great.

I think your oils will be ok...

If you wear "product" in you hair, that will affect them. I know on my Monster Doggles, not only did the Matte Black get affected by the awesome hair gel I used to wear (I'd put them up on my head).

You should be ok, but I'd just wash them with mild soap and water occasionally. I have a pair of Pit Boss' but I have the "polished" or :) oily finish :) I'm pretty sure you can't pop out the lenses easily on these can you?

I have the Oakley cleaning kit, but haven't tried it on the Matte finish. It's my first Matte Black frame, but worried to try anything on a $600 pair of glasses.

Yeah, that would freak me out as well! I think probably just a wet washcloth would do the trick. I normally just wipe my down with a big PRO M FRAME bag, but I think it's easier to do with a polished frame.

try some clearasil face soap, sensitive skin kind. Really removes oil and dirt and is a mild soap

I use facial cleanser. Clearasil sucks. I use the Anthony brand and it works really well. But on hot days in the Southern California sun, you just can't avoid a little bit of sweat and oil.

The Oakley lens cleaning kit is good to use on lenses and frames, I use it on all of my matte black frames and it works great.

Thanks guys. I did see that post on cleaning, but he doesn't go over Matte Black frames, so I was just wondering if there was anything special i needed to do.

Coming from somone who has extremely oily hair (and proud of it), and who primarily wears Matte Rootbeer, and Matte Black frames, I know exactly what youre referring too, and its not a problem. Ill wear mine for hours at a time, take them off and see the oil, wipe it with a microbag, and occasionally give it a good scrubbing with the lens cleaner. I havent had any problems with this yet, and they still look good as new.

I think youll be ok man.

Back