• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Black Frogskins - Old Versus New

Frogskins

I am Jim Jannard...
New Jersey
As most of you know, Oakley re-released the Matte Black Frogskins a couple of months ago.

The new ones come with violet lenses and have a sku number of 24-298.

The older ones that were released a few years ago (2007?) came with fire lenses and have a sku number of 03-207.

Here's my question - are the older frames considered more collectible then the new ones?

The reason I ask is because I saw someone recently looking for the 03-207 matte black frames and since they're virtually identical to the new ones, I couldn't understand why.

Thanks ...

As most of you know, Oakley re-released the Matte Black Frogskins a couple of months ago.

The new ones come with violet lenses and have a sku number of 24-298.

The older ones that were released a few years ago (2007?) came with fire lenses and have a sku number of 03-207.

Here's my question - are the older frames considered more collectible then the new ones?

The reason I ask is because I saw someone recently looking for the 03-207 matte black frames and since they're virtually identical to the new ones, I couldn't understand why.

Thanks ...

Not sure if this answers your question, but some people get really technical when it comes to the older pairs and think that if it has a different SKU, then it is worth more. For example I can take the new matte black frogs and replace the lens with fire, but if I tried to trade it certain collectors wouldn't want it because it is not the original SKU and that it is more of a custom pair. Personally I could care less.

Also, these matte black/violet are identical to the Supreme frogskins, the only difference is that there is no "Supreme" logo inside the leg, and people still want to pay $5-600 for the Supreme ones. To each his own, but I think it's madness!

yeah some people can be arsey abt these minor details, it all depends really. i agree with what froghog said though. it if was the last pair for me to get to complete the supreme set, then i'll pay for the matte black supreme, even though it's technically the same. ha!