• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Or Polished Frames?

I think it really depends. I prefer things like white to be in a matte finish. I love black in both finishes. Things like clear and other colors though I really prefer to have on a polished frame. That and wire frames. I prefer a polished finish on those as well.

For me, the answer to this question totally depends on the frame/model and the colourway.

Looking at my ever-growing Hijinx collection, for example, I would say that I favour polished frames.
But I would add that, being a shaven-headed kinda chap, I love the FEEL of a matte frame.

So there you go. I have no particular favourite. I'm happy to have the freedom of choice.

For me, the answer to this question totally depends on the frame/model and the colourway.

Looking at my ever-growing Hijinx collection, for example, I would say that I favour polished frames.
But I would add that, being a shaven-headed kinda chap, I love the FEEL of a matte frame.

So there you go. I have no particular favourite. I'm happy to have the freedom of choice.

Do u have the splatter hijinx? One of my personal faves...

hah. I guess if you put all the colors together they'd be black.

Colors have come a long way since Mr. Ford's Model Ts

You're right. I've visited the Oakley website, and there are other colors available besides matte black.

I see options for matte rootbeer, matte clear, matte heather grey, matte brown smoke, matte denim.

What great options. You think they'd make some other, brighter colors though.

You're right. I've visited the Oakley website, and there are other colors available besides matte black.

I see options for matte rootbeer, matte clear, matte heather grey, matte brown smoke, matte denim.

What great options. You think they'd make some other, brighter colors though.

Variety is the spice of life (y)

Since this thread is about matte and polished frames, i wanna ask you guys what would be a better color choice for a pitboss - the matte black/BI lens or the polished black/vr28? Im planning to buy a pair tomorrow..

Back