• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte Titanium Romeo

Thats very interesting to hear and I am looking forward to seeing the comparison. I will photograph mine as soon as I can as they are packed away at the moment. It is my early plasma frames that have the satin appearance btw :)
How low are the serials of yours? My plasma is in the 9400s.

I'm not sure and would need to check. They are all packed up at the moment but I will try and get to them asap. One has a double printed serial which I've posted before as I remember but I can't recall the numbers off hand. It will be interesting to see definitely.

I found my photograph on the older thread and the number is 008429. The number underneath was very difficult to make out so I would be guessing really.

I've taken a few comparison photographs in natural daylight of my 2 early plasmas, the later A suffixed plasma and the Matt/matte titanium romeo. Both of my early plasmas are now fitted with gold iridium lenses as the original fires were unusable. There is a little light reflection on some photos but I think it is unavoidable in natural light. The colours appear true to the eye in my opinion and my eyes luckily are pretty good.
null_zps336619bb.jpg
null_zpsd2749516.jpg
null_zps9a3507b3.jpg
null_zps99ea8de2.jpg
null_zps48b4d7d3.jpg
null_zpsbcc4c2c8.jpg
null_zps1739fa26.jpg

Looks similar to the one I have. I'll take some photos of mine next week and post them.

How low are the serials of yours? My plasma is in the 9400s.

My other early romeo is 006064 and definitely has a good hint of gold in the frame. None as you can tell by the photos of mine are anything like bone white.

My other early romeo is 006064 and definitely has a good hint of gold in the frame. None as you can tell by the photos of mine are anything like bone white.
Yeah, none are bone white. I did see a photo of a Romeo on the net with the bone white finish. Some say it exists. Don't know.

i have a gen 1 R1 that I combine the x metal nose bridge and titanium Gen 1 frame, I dont know if this is the one that you guys are talking about. image_zps06598c78.jpg

Back