• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Matte White Jawbones, Polarized Lens Test?

malfaro15

Oakley Beginner
San Diego
I recently purchased a pair of matte white Jawbones (http://flic.kr/p/aHm8Se) for $129 at an Oakley Vault store and was told by the rep that the black vented lenses were not polarized so the next day I decided to come back to purchase the polarized lenses. While the rep was replacing my lenses she did this test to show me that the new lenses were polarized where she held up the lens to the computer screen horizontally and when she turned it vertically you could not see the screen through the lens. She then took my original lens and held it up to the computer screen and did the same test and it was exactly the same result. To make a long story short, I didn't purchase the new lenses and conducted the same test on all of my Oakleys and other glasses at home and the results were consistent with polarized and non-polarized lenses.

Here's a youtube video of the test: Oakley Polarized lenses - YouTube

Has anyone else done this? What are your thoughts?

Aside from the computer screen test, you can also tell by going outside when it's sunny. Polarized lenses will cut down all the glare that bounces off of everything. I'm sure you have a pair that is non-polarized. Take both out and see the difference in how sunlight reflects off of the asphalt, water, cars, etc.

Latest Posts

Back