• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Maybe a petition will work??!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
indeed I am.
Of course the Corvette made some money, but the margins definitely weren't always in the ranges that companies decide to devote resources to a product. When Chevrolet considered dropping it from the lineup, there was a tremendous amount of feedback from enthusiasts that helped to tip the balance.

indeed I am.
Of course the Corvette made some money, but the margins definitely weren't always in the ranges that companies decide to devote resources to a product. When Chevrolet considered dropping it from the lineup, there was a tremendous amount of feedback from enthusiasts that helped to tip the balance.

Lux is all about making a lot of profit. Make a $5 glasses in China and sell it for $500 in the U.S.:rolleyes:

I think we all need to remember that up until the announcement that X Metal was no longer being produced, sales had really dwindled at retail. I remember in 2000-2005 we would sell 4-5 a week. For the last few years it was 1 a month. It's not just Lux wanting to make money, it's retailers as well and many couldn't justify having to carry $10,000 in stock to sell $500 a month. X Metal wasn't something you could only carry a couple colors PLUS 1/2 of the people that were interested would only buy them if they hadn't been tried on "because I'm spending so much on glasses I deserve better than things that people try on" - if you wanted to do it properly that $10,000 basically had to double so that you could have a "new" pair for the customer. So then that other $10K is basically dead stock that you're committing to never sell.

And why would someone buy a new set when they could just buy a set of lenses for $50??? The other had part about X Metal was that they didn't wear out so once all of the die hard Oakley guys had their pair they didn't buy another. (Obviously that changed once it was discontinued and everyone started hoarding).

Just wanted to share a different perspective that I don't think has really been talked about.

X-metals keep us excited about coming back on this forum, at least it does for me. I love reading about all the knowledge of the members here and the passion they feel for their precious pieces. I understand the topic has been beat to death but I don't mind givin it another whack every other day or so to make sure we didn't give up too soon. What's the harm in a dream? And is it really dreaming to expect a product that could or should be 10x easier to produce nowadays ? I for one applaud the op effort !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back