• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Medusa Care

TheWannaBe

Resident Lurker
Premium Member
O Universe
So I did some looking but haven't found any postings on this yet... If there are please link them and I'll lock this thread.

The purpose of this thread is to have people that have/do own a medusa share what they do or have done to preserve the integrity of the piece.
Is there a shine that can be used? A leather oil or greese that works best? Waterproofing and fraying repair?

Anyway you get the point :)

Thanks!!

Here's what I use on mine. It helps keep the leather from drying out and doesn't leave an oily residue nor does it discolour the leather in any way. Same stuff I use on my couches.
chelsea-leather-food-2.jpg

Awesome!
I really appreciate the information. I will get some ASAP. THANKS

Here's what I use on mine. It helps keep the leather from drying out and doesn't leave an oily residue nor does it discolour the leather in any way. Same stuff I use on my couches.
View attachment 113847
SO, It's been years now. How is this working... still recommended? Any other recommendations to keeping your Medusa Tight, Fresh, and so Clean clean?

Anyone try,
-Lexol
-Saddle soap
-Other creams or oils?

Last edited:
View attachment 113847
SO, I ordered this and Instead of "Leather food" I received Chelsea "Dubbin Leatherfood".... Any Idea if there is a difference? What the heck is "Dubbin"?

Something to REALLY watch out for. The black dye can come off. If you rub that into the stitching, you'll wind up with black stitching.

Beware.

I ended up just using my finger and massaging the wax into the leather and being VERY VERY careful around the stitching

20210205_103029.jpg

20210205_103052.jpg

Back