• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Medusa Care

Update 2. This Chelsea's leather food is called a "dubbin" product. Kind of a fatty wax product. Great for leather, im using it on all of my motorcycle seats and jackets works awesome!

On the medusa on the other hand.. After a few test spots I'm seeing a cloudy whitish finish.

I'm afraid to apply it to the light stitching because of the way the black polish is bleeding (maybe someone polished this one in the past. Buy i doubt it) its lived its life in the desert and is very dried out. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?
Maybe I'm just seeing the leather be healthy for the first time and its just different from the dried out look?

20210210_101631.jpg

20210210_101701.jpg

20210210_101732.jpg

Update 2. This Chelsea's leather food is called a "dubbin" product. Kind of a fatty wax product. Great for leather, im using it on all of my motorcycle seats and jackets works awesome!

On the medusa on the other hand.. After a few test spots I'm seeing a cloudy whitish finish.

I'm afraid to apply it to the light stitching because of the way the black polish is bleeding (maybe someone polished this one in the past. Buy i doubt it) its lived its life in the desert and is very dried out. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to proceed?
Maybe I'm just seeing the leather be healthy for the first time and its just different from the dried out look?

View attachment 835819

View attachment 835820

View attachment 835821
Did you try buffing the white areas to see if it’ll come off or shine up? Might be some pollutants that the cleaner pulled out also.

After attempting 3 different products, (Saddle soap, Chelsea's, and Leatherique) "Leatherique" Is much better at getting into the small areas and is more "Liquid" that you paint on with a small brush, so you scrub less. This makes sure that when the leather dye comes up, you don't scrub it around into the brown thread detail.

I would highly recommend the "Leatherique" product and put aside at least 3 hours to carefully apply.
Just apply the "Rejuvenator oil" liberally and let it soak in (dry leather will just suck it right up). after about 2 min, you can see the "dry" areas. Re apply, let sit for a few min, and dab up the excess !! (DO NOT RUB, just dab or you may wipe black dye into the brown detail threading) !!

That's basically it...

the kit also comes with a cleaner that you can spray on and dab up, but that is less necessary accept for maintenance if you're wearing it regularly.

Back