• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mega Tower 3.1 Help Please!!

Blaxxxima2

Oakley Beginner
As mentioned in my 1st post I finally scored a Mega Tower. Long story short the cabinet is in great shape but all lower lighting an power cord are missing.

I've exhausted my fingers trying to search various ways, so please accept my apology in advance, but HELP..

Questions:
  1. What can I use to replace the power cord?
  2. Any write-ups on re-wiring with fluorescent bulbs?
  3. Any write-ups on a complete conversion to LED?
Many thanks in advance.. tomorrow is going to be a rainy day so i'm hoping to take a run at this if i can source the parts locally.

Last edited:
Congrats on picking up a tower. Replacing the power cord is easy... it's a standard 3 prong PC/Monitor power cord.

Awesome start, i've got one already!!!!! I think i might run to the "big box" store tomorrow to grab a blast and 4 15" bulbs and see where that gets me!

A lot of members just strip the old lighting and add LED strip lights either over the top and bottom of down the corners closest to the opening. @kronin323 had a post with his lighting. It looks pretty sweet and probably cheaper than trying to replace all the original components.

Good luck, post some pics with the finished product if you get that far.

Ha, of course I have. i jumped the top ballast and the bulbs came on with a delay.... the bulbs are shot, and the ballast might be... there was no bottom ballast nor bulbs... if I'm buying a blast for the bottom i figured i would get 2 and (4) new bulbs. If the new bulbs remove the stall/delay I'll simply return the unused ballast. going searching for @kronin323 's post thanks for your time and insight

UPDATE: New bulbs in TOP fire right up....

Bad: nobody locally sells the (2) bulb ballast for 18" T8 bulbs....... any suggestions on where to buy. I'm only asking because those I can locate don't have an external green ground.... Is this critical?

thumb_image1_1024.jpg

Amazon. eBay. You don't need to ground, but if it gets hit by lightning, you may fry your $15 ballast..

Personally I wouldn’t bother with a ballast and fluorescent. I did this same makeover a few years back on that very case. Get LED strips (flexible or solid) , a power source and run the wiring under that plexi panel and out the back. You’ll be much happier with LED over that fluorescent lighting.

I got my things from Oznium.com but there are many online places to purchase. I also got a remote control because of course it’s much more cool.

Back