• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Megatower DIY Top Light Cover

cacatman

No one knows 'cacat' like cacatman!!
Staff member
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Custom made top cover dimensions for an Aluminium Single Wide Megatower

I've noticed that a lot of these mega towers are missing the top Aluminium cover.

So I had one made out of sheet metal.

It also has a slot in the front to allow for a Oakley mirror to sit directly in the centre of the unit and hang from the top with a small amount of "play".

The small "tabs" are to keep the metal plate in place (so it doesn't slide around). You can probably get away with 4 to hold it in place (or possibly even 2 in a corner). The tabs need to be positioned at least 0.5 cm from each corner and be no wider than 2 cm (so that they fit in the slots). They also need to be welded at 90 degrees to the top plate (sorry, my drawing is pretty crummy!!).

Depending on how well you weld, hopefully, you can get it flush so that the weld doesn't "elevate" the panel.

I'll post some pictures later of the what it looks like on top of the unit during the day.

If you have lights installed, it may be worthwhile having some heat vents cut into the plate, and also having a small hole cut for the cable to emerge.

2769356D-27BB-49F5-8074-236EB1C37476.jpeg

Last edited:
Back