• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Meguiars plastx is legit

Dp4aub

Oakley Beginner
So I picked up a pair of Ducati monster dogs from eBay and admittedly I wasn't expecting too much. They were cheap and they were quite dull and weathered looking. I then remembered I picked up a bottle of Meguiars plastx polish after reading about how great of a job it does on frames. I'm always skeptical of instant fix polishes due to my years in the collision repair business and I know how difficult a proper shine is to achieve. But let me say I was truly impressed. A couple minutes worth of work yielded very good results and even cleaned the grime off of the lenses as well. Anyone wanting to bring back an old pair of lenses should definitely give it a try.

image.jpeg

So you polished the lenses with the stuff also...doesn't that affect your vision at all? How about micro scratches on them? Won't they cloud over time? I don't know if I would have hit the lenses too. I have no experience with plastic polish like you do though.

Well at first I didn't intend on getting the polish on the lenses but it got on there by accident. So I had to wipe it off and i noticed it didn't scratch it and it actually cleaned the lens and shined it up as well. I'm not sure how it will hold up over time but I can always hit them with it again. There aren't any more fine scratches on the lens than they were before I polished them. They are actually much clearer now than before. I will take a pic of the lens up close and post it in a minute.

That's as good of a pic as I can get. Word of caution- I'm not telling anyone to use it on your lenses at all. I definitely suggest trying it on a beater pair of lenses first. These were $35 MDs so I didn't have a lot to lose. This is just my experience and what worked for me. But that being said I am very happy with the outcome. The polish isn't gritty at all. It's a smooth polish, not a rubbing compound at all.

image.jpeg

Back