• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Members Taking Advantage of Other Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

sisson16

Oakley Expert
Texarkana, TX
Maybe this belongs in "What Really Grinds Your Gears", but I wanted to create a thread for everyone browsing this forum to see, new members and old. Since I've joined i have seen something that is pretty consistent. It is seen by all but depending on who's doing it depends on whether or not anything is said, or if something is said whether or not they are defended. I love this forum and check it daily. Although I don't have the time to monitor the entire site and respond to everything, meaning staying on my phone the entire day, I do my best to give feedback and input where I think it's helpful. I also feel the need to give back and help other members out when and where I can, including ordering and shipping things to members in the states and abroad, passing along discounts, etc. And I must add no additional payment do I ask for. I do it because I came to this forum to expand my love for Oakley products and it is a way of giving back, the same way a lot of people have thru this site.

But it really irks me when people looked at as "great members" scalp products and take advantage of others. There are people on here that seem to be a part of a click, and that plays a big part in whether or not things are made as a big deal or not. A "great member" can get by with more than someone like myself can. I completely understand being compensated for time, and have to add I think it's only fair, but this is not the issue myself, or others, are talking about. It's like a high school cafeteria at times and a popularity contest.

I am talking about people who want at least $100 on top of tax and shipping before getting out of their seat for favors done for others. People who KNOW another collector wants something and uses that to their advantage to drive up the price. What's more is that it seems accepted for people in the click to do these things.

We see it quite a bit, but what's really pushed me to posting this is my recent experience with another member in regards to the new bots. I got 2 bots from my store in the 200s range (which are now both being passed onto 2 great forum members). I found out a store in Dallas had 3 bots in the 50s range so I reached out to a guy I assumed would help. All of my serialized things are double digits and I wanted to continue that. In turn what I get is the chance to buy a bot in the 40s range, that is missing a piece, for $330, no exceptions. Might I also add this particular person had 15 bots!! Yes 15. See for yourself below.

I'm sure I will get harassed about this and there will be plenty said and plenty who don't agree. But I also know there are enough that do agree.

Things like this does not bring us together as an Oakley community, it drives a wedge in between us all.

Through all of this negativity I have had 3 positive experiences all in the last week with 3 truly great members not trying to profit off another collector. Thru these people I have gotten a double digit bot, black line carabiner, and some other things.
Thanks to @pricedollaz @SiRacer420 @pjd1234 for their help this week and their honesty within this community.

image.jpeg

I really don't understand this post. This is capitalism, my friend. If you overpaid for something it's no one's fault but your own.
I bought the Badman when it was new for $400 because I got duped by Oakley. I'm not bitter about it, I blame myself! But I love the shades!

Maybe this belongs in "What Really Grinds Your Gears", but I wanted to create a thread for everyone browsing this forum to see, new members and old. Since I've joined i have seen something that is pretty consistent. It is seen by all but depending on who's doing it depends on whether or not anything is said, or if something is said whether or not they are defended. I love this forum and check it daily. Although I don't have the time to monitor the entire site and respond to everything, meaning staying on my phone the entire day, I do my best to give feedback and input where I think it's helpful. I also feel the need to give back and help other members out when and where I can, including ordering and shipping things to members in the states and abroad, passing along discounts, etc. And I must add no additional payment do I ask for. I do it because I came to this forum to expand my love for Oakley products and it is a way of giving back, the same way a lot of people have thru this site.

But it really irks me when people looked at as "great members" scalp products and take advantage of others. There are people on here that seem to be a part of a click, and that plays a big part in whether or not things are made as a big deal or not. A "great member" can get by with more than someone like myself can. I completely understand being compensated for time, and have to add I think it's only fair, but this is not the issue myself, or others, are talking about. It's like a high school cafeteria at times and a popularity contest.

I am talking about people who want at least $100 on top of tax and shipping before getting out of their seat for favors done for others. People who KNOW another collector wants something and uses that to their advantage to drive up the price. What's more is that it seems accepted for people in the click to do these things.

We see it quite a bit, but what's really pushed me to posting this is my recent experience with another member in regards to the new bots. I got 2 bots from my store in the 200s range (which are now both being passed onto 2 great forum members). I found out a store in Dallas had 3 bots in the 50s range so I reached out to a guy I assumed would help. All of my serialized things are double digits and I wanted to continue that. In turn what I get is the chance to buy a bot in the 40s range, that is missing a piece, for $330, no exceptions. Might I also add this particular person had 15 bots!! Yes 15. See for yourself below.

I'm sure I will get harassed about this and there will be plenty said and plenty who don't agree. But I also know there are enough that do agree.

Things like this does not bring us together as an Oakley community, it drives a wedge in between us all.

Through all of this negativity I have had 3 positive experiences all in the last week with 3 truly great members not trying to profit off another collector. Thru these people I have gotten a double digit bot, black line carabiner, and some other things.
Thanks to @pricedollaz @SiRacer420 @pjd1234 for their help this week and their honesty within this community.

View attachment 203408
One day everything comes to an end for everyone.
Money will cease to be the goal and we will all work together as a civilization to just better ourselves.

Wait. That's Star Trek. Damn.

It sucks that you were made to feel this way man... Sounds like a lot of run around but I'm really glad you ended up with an awesome piece in the end! Obviously there are some great people on this forum and its really cool to see that some people stepped up and helped you out! Enjoy that new bot man, they look sweet!

One day everything comes to an end for everyone.
Money will cease to be the goal and we will all work together as a civilization to just better ourselves.

Wait. That's Star Trek. Damn.
No thats ancient alien lol. The day that happened is the day Oakley does not exist any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back