• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Members Taking Advantage of Other Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
And correction, I had 13 bots and 2 carabiners. And the ones that donated to my cause for a little girl got them at cost plus shipping. Oh BTW. At least give me credit for a nice oakley tree

And correction, I had 13 bots and 2 carabiners. And the ones that donated to my cause for a little girl got them at cost plus shipping. Oh BTW. At least give me credit for a nice oakley tree
I think something is wrong with the lights on the tree. Are they LEDs?

Let me post this question since it's related to the topic at hand-

How many members, old and new, originally joined the site for the exchange section?

It's a rhetorical question BTW, I don't care to read "I didn't join for that" or even if you did. But think about it. If the majority of people (my guess) joined primarily for the exchange section, and became a part of the community as an afterthought or not at all, what kind of mindset do you think they operate in? Do you think they genuinely care about how your pocketbook is affected by their prices, or how their bank swells when you purchase from them?

This site is a great community, no doubt. It's also a haven for liars, cheats, frauds, and anyone looking to make a buck on the back of another guy just because they have better access to a source of something you might want.

Let me post this question since it's related to the topic at hand-

How many members, old and new, originally joined the site for the exchange section?

It's a rhetorical question BTW, I don't care to read "I didn't join for that" or even if you did. But think about it. If the majority of people (my guess) joined primarily for the exchange section, and became a part of the community as an afterthought or not at all, what kind of mindset do you think they operate in? Do you think they genuinely care about how your pocketbook is affected by their prices, or how their bank swells when you purchase from them?

This site is a great community, no doubt. It's also a haven for liars, cheats, frauds, and anyone looking to make a buck on the back of another guy just because they have better access to a source of something you might want.
Hahahahahaah so whats your reason for joining bro?. I dont see you or post on the exchange section or even post your collection?. So which one are you? One of the liars?, cheats? Frauds? Etc. I do agree though on one thing its a dog eat dog regardless and we aint gonna change that. It is what it is. Members will and at times will take advantage of something either price wise or trade wise. Im no hypocrite, but i am guilty of that at times, but only on the mellow side. You dont expect me to sell a bnib jordan mars that i got for 400 for 450 do you?? So what that makes me?. Or anybody else on that matter.

I see what you are saying @sisson16 , I really dont go for scalping and taking advantage of people. There is nothing wrong with doing some goos honest haggling and coming away feeling like you won the deal, but screwing people over is something else entirely. But I have learned, the best way to do with people like this is not to punish or penalize them, just dont indulge them. Dont make deals with them in the first place. Because once you get rid of one, 5 more take his place. And while it is awful for people to take advantage of others, the saying does speak true; a fool and his money are bound to part ways. Doesnt make it right, just how it is.

Hahahahahaah so whats your reason for joining bro?. I dont see you or post on the exchange section or even post your collection?. So which one are you? One of the liars?, cheats? Frauds? Etc. I do agree though on one thing its a dog eat dog regardless and we aint gonna change that. It is what it is. Members will and at times will take advantage of something either price wise or trade wise. Im no hypocrite, but i am guilty of that at times, but only on the mellow side. You dont expect me to sell a bnib jordan mars that i got for 400 for 450 do you?? So what that makes me?. Or anybody else on that matter.
i see your point, but there is a difference between what you are guilty of, and REALLY burning someone. That is what he is sating with this thread.

I couldn't really tell you why I'm here these days, aside from keeping in touch with a few friends I made since I've joined. There's more to that, but it isn't for this thread.

I joined just to hang out and talk to other members who love the product. I couldn't give two craps about the exchange section when I joined. I never even attempted to look at it for months.
So?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back