• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

oakleybezerk's "O" museum

So the 40th Cape Argus cycle tour that was scheduled for this past Sunday, had to be called off after the fourth batch of cyclists (35 000 entrants in total) had taken off due to the 100km/h gale force winds that were howling through the city. Oakley SA had produced 40th anniversary edition microfibre bags to commemorate the event. There was also supposed to be a limited edition frame, but sadly this never materialised. Due to things not going according to plan, I have tracked down the remaining bags.

View attachment 320956

View attachment 320957
Those look pretty cool @pricedollaz another bag guy and @cyclerdoug name says it all ;) @Dyeraudio bag guy too. I have hundereds of bags to lol. Hey let me know if you get that Holbrook.

What an incredible collection! I'm just getting started and feel so behind. Collexting anything can be so expensive :eek:
@Knight7552 would you believe I picked it all up on Craigslist for under $500? J/K

Five years ago, I was in exactly the same place you currently are. Don't rush into it. Take your time and collect what you want to collect. Over time, everything falls into place and deals are to be had everywhere. In a couple of years, someone else will be saying to you what you have said to me... I may just be that person.

@Knight7552 would you believe I picked it all up on Craigslist for under $500? J/K

Five years ago, I was in exactly the same place you currently are. Don't rush into it. Take your time and collect what you want to collect. Over time, everything falls into place and deals are to be had everywhere. In a couple of years, someone else will be saying to you what you have said to me... I may just be that person.

Thank you @mercbezerk , i like your advice about not rushing. I found that I really like the Holbrook. I find that some of the coolest styles that I like are already discontinued. Like the deuce coupe :( I would love to find one new or like new. Or the max fear with the orange logo. It's frustrating to search on the bay and not see these.
I will just have to keep looking....

Or even this carbon fiber holbrooks! Man those look incredible with ANY lens.... I can't seem to find these at all. Why did Oakley have to stop making them :(

Thank you @mercbezerk , i like your advice about not rushing. I found that I really like the Holbrook. I find that some of the coolest styles that I like are already discontinued. Like the deuce coupe :( I would love to find one new or like new. Or the max fear with the orange logo. It's frustrating to search on the bay and not see these. I will just have to keep looking.... Or even this carbon fibre holbrooks! Man those look incredible with ANY lens.... I can't seem to find these at all. Why did Oakley have to stop making them :(
@Knight7552 Those pairs, like all the others that have been released, had a set number produced or were released in part for a certain period (holiday editions). Some frame releases had more than others. Coming late to the game doesn't mean that you won't be able to add a pair to your collection. You just need to put in more time to try and track them down. You're never going to do a search on a particular day and find all the frames you're looking for. Set up notifications on search engines (craigslist, eBay, kijiji, etc) and when a pair that matches your search is listed you'll get a notification.

@Knight7552 Those pairs, like all the others that have been released, had a set number produced or were released in part for a certain period (holiday editions). Some frame releases had more than others. Coming late to the game doesn't mean that you won't be able to add a pair to your collection. You just need to put in more time to try and track them down. You're never going to do a search on a particular day and find all the frames you're looking for. Set up notifications on search engines (craigslist, eBay, kijiji, etc) and when a pair that matches your search is listed you'll get a notification.
Thank you @mercbezerk ! :) i will do this

Back