• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Message Preview Not In Notifications Anymore

Yeah, a switch was flipped. Previously when emails showed a preview of the message a large amount of users attempted to reply directly to the email which did a few things.

1) It did not send their reply to the intended user, thus causing confusion
2) Sent the reply back to the server causing errors
3) Allowed anyone with access to the mailing address able to read the private message (i.e me) which is a huge security flaw.

In the interest of privacy and efficient communication for the community, we disabled the message previews in emails. After reading this, thoughts? Opinions?

I understand. I just liked the preview so i could decide if it was something I wanted to read and reply to right away or not.

I understand. I just liked the preview so i could decide if it was something I wanted to read and reply to right away or not.

Yeah 100% agree actually. I enjoyed being able to see when someone simply replied "thanks" etc. and not logging on. But I figured the points above(mainly around security/privacy) outweighed the inconvenience.

As always, I'm open to any feedback, opinions, ideas etc. so feel free to fire away!

You know I'm thinking more along the lines that the email notifications went out with a disclaimer for those too challenged to find the "view thread" link that's contained in the notification. Make it a "no reply" message or something like that to spell it out for those who don't get it! Personally I would like the preview back. That's my vote anyway!

Back