southpaw01

Oakley Beginner
Florida
All-
I think I'm pretty old school when it comes to Oakleys. I really like the metal frames. I have a pair of Pennys, A-Wires, A-Wire 2.0 thicks, Juliets, and Magnesium M Frames.

I'm not a fan of the plastic frames.

What are some good metal frames still made today? I'm looking at the Carbon Blades - thoughts? What is the frame material on the Carbon Shift frames?

Thanks.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses
Register to Not see this ad

"TRUMP"

THE JUGGERNAUT
Premium Member
O-Town
Actually, if you were truly "old school" than you would be all about "plastic"(as you call it), and not metal.

Omatter > xmetal(or any metal).....but that may be too OG for you.

Back to your questions:

Some good metal frames made today? There isnt many. Based on what you like id recommend a Gauge 8L or 8M and a Latch Alpha.

Carbon Blades? Meh

Carbon shifts are made out of CARBON fiber, oluminum, and plastic(o-matter).

hondazcrxsi

Shelf Whore Extraordinaire
Amish Country, USA
All-
I think I'm pretty old school when it comes to Oakleys. I really like the metal frames. I have a pair of Pennys, A-Wires, A-Wire 2.0 thicks, Juliets, and Magnesium M Frames.

What are some good metal frames still made today? I'm looking at the Carbon Blades - thoughts? What is the frame material on the Carbon Shift frames?

Thanks.
I agree: o-matter>metal but if you are really into metal frames, I would stick with the older models. The crap Lux is putting out today (both o-matter and metal) is not anywhere near the quality of the older stuff. The older metal frames are still quite easy to get secondhand.

oakman1992

Oakley Expert
All-

Thanks.
So far I would agree on the latch alpha seem to be a well built frame.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

crazychris777 wrote on THE X-MAN's profile.
do you have XX X-Metal gold 24k Lens? anybody know where i can find some? thank you