• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal frame question

southpaw01

Oakley Beginner
Florida
All-
I think I'm pretty old school when it comes to Oakleys. I really like the metal frames. I have a pair of Pennys, A-Wires, A-Wire 2.0 thicks, Juliets, and Magnesium M Frames.

I'm not a fan of the plastic frames.

What are some good metal frames still made today? I'm looking at the Carbon Blades - thoughts? What is the frame material on the Carbon Shift frames?

Thanks.

Actually, if you were truly "old school" than you would be all about "plastic"(as you call it), and not metal.

Omatter > xmetal(or any metal).....but that may be too OG for you.

Back to your questions:

Some good metal frames made today? There isnt many. Based on what you like id recommend a Gauge 8L or 8M and a Latch Alpha.

Carbon Blades? Meh

Carbon shifts are made out of CARBON fiber, oluminum, and plastic(o-matter).

All-
I think I'm pretty old school when it comes to Oakleys. I really like the metal frames. I have a pair of Pennys, A-Wires, A-Wire 2.0 thicks, Juliets, and Magnesium M Frames.

What are some good metal frames still made today? I'm looking at the Carbon Blades - thoughts? What is the frame material on the Carbon Shift frames?

Thanks.

I agree: o-matter>metal but if you are really into metal frames, I would stick with the older models. The crap Lux is putting out today (both o-matter and metal) is not anywhere near the quality of the older stuff. The older metal frames are still quite easy to get secondhand.

All-

Thanks.
So far I would agree on the latch alpha seem to be a well built frame.

Latest Posts

Back