• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal frames - What to buy

Brent Petley

Oakley Beginner
NY
I have owned a pair of Romeo 1's since 1999 and have been my everyday use glasses since. I have gone through 3 pair of lenses and a bunch of knock off rubbers. Anyway I want something that is more today style. I went looked over the weekend and almost bought the wiretap 2.0. I am hesitant because of how the lens is held in and I like to change out my lenses as I scratch the **** out of them. :) Does any one have any Metal polarized suggestions? I know this is all opinion but looking for a Metal frame and to be able to change out the lenses if needed.

"Today style" meaning....? Sutros, Katos and Encoders?
I guessing something that has came out in the last few years but none of the styles that you mentioned. Something Metal for sure and something you can change the lenses on. Did try the Holobrock and not a fan of those either but was close. Maybe the Savitar, Crosshairs, whisker, Ejector, wiretap 2.0, guage 8, square wire. I do not know if that is all of the metal frame glasses or not.

Those are all good options. Everyone seem to like the Wire Tap 2.0, and changing lenses really isn't that hard. Any O store or lenscrafters should be able to do it for you. Savitar are nice too and super light weight Titanium, but you're definitely paying for it

All those wire options are great. It’s just a matter of how they fit you and what colorway you want. Might need to go in and try them all on to see what you prefer. I personally like the wiretap 2.0 and Ejector, but that is just what fits me.

All those wire options are great. It’s just a matter of how they fit you and what colorway you want. Might need to go in and try them all on to see what you prefer. I personally like the wiretap 2.0 and Ejector, but that is just what fits me.
I read somewhere that the wiretap 2.0 the plastic that holds the lens in gets loose. Is that an issue?

I read somewhere that the wiretap 2.0 the plastic that holds the lens in gets loose. Is that an issue?
I haven’t had that problem. I would say though if you buy them from an o-store and that happens you can take them in and they will replace them.

Latest Posts

Back