• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal Frogskins >?

Spectre

Oakley Beginner
Hey all, I am wondering if Oakley ever made the frogskin frame in a light weight metal alloy of some kind ?
LIke the Oakley frogskin fallout kind of look like brushed metal but I was disappointed to find they actually are not!..
Any ideas on the most in-destructable frogskin frame made ?

the only real metal frogs I suppose would be the lx frame. there is a metal skeleton running through the accitate frame. mind my spelling. or any chrome fmj frogs. I suppose there is a metal skin over those.

Ok, Ive noticed the Koston X Oakley Craftsmen frogskin , and the Gold Supreme frogskins, They may come close, Where best to find them these days ?
.Cheers lads.

Ok, Ive noticed the Koston X Oakley Craftsmen frogskin , and the Gold Supreme frogskins, They may come close, Where best to find them these days ?
.Cheers lads.
just keep your eyes open on here and eBay. the koston craftsman has zero metal or resembles metal at all. I just had 2 but I sold a pair last week to a fellow collector. I also had 2 of the Supreme gold and chrome but both of them now down to one. I will look for you as well.

A full on metal Frog would be cool. I could get into something like that. This post grabbed my attention for a minute.

Hey thanks all, Interesting, ya I thought they had made some out of a special alloy however now that I think about it, It may have been a health and safety issue, Ie if you crash your dirt bike and the arm of the glasses penetrate the skull that would not feel too good. :)

Hey thanks all, Interesting, ya I thought they had made some out of a special alloy however now that I think about it, It may have been a health and safety issue, Ie if you crash your dirt bike and the arm of the glasses penetrate the skull that would not feel too good. :)

Cosmetic surgery.........

There are actually model with different metal alloy used to build frame so it is not actually a safety issue as mentioned. Having a frogskins with metal alloy is a bit impractical, surely it will be too heavy regardless of the alloy used and might cost high.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

Back