• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal Investment For Future Resale

i dont see anything wrong with buying pairs to invest into..for instance, i thought i was about to buy a pair of flying tiger gascans for $60. i dont wear gascans and i personally think the flying tiger is ugly, but i know people on here would want them. that being said, i wouldnt sell them for $200, i would only trade them for something of equal value. i cant in good conscience profit like that from the people on this forum..but trading is a different story. i actually saw a pair of zero's (i think) on craigslist today for 75$ and almost bought them, thinking specifically that qtrain might wanna trade for them, but im just gonna send him the link to jump on them if theyre legit.

You have to keep in mind that the upwards trend for say X Metals pricing is due to the discontinuation of the line. I believe most people who have driven the interest up already owned something in the x metal line and began hoading to have enough x metals for a lifetime. I can't see x metals sustaining an increase in value long term. All the better if it does but strictly as an investment... good luck. Once again if collecting is your hobby as opposed to investment portfolio that's different.

invest in OEM lenses for x-metals,very soon Oakley will stop the production of the lenses on a discontinued pair of frames and then you will be able to ask what you want for them in the near future.

^^ This is the wisdom fellas. Ignore at your own peril.

I have many pairs of lenses for my smallish collection. Even if O keeps making them for a little while, the tick tock of every second gets us a step closer to when production ends. Reality bites.

Latest Posts

Back