• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal Xx Serials

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
N

nightpusher1

Can anyone tell me ,are all metal xx's serialised.The reason I ask is that on ebay Australia someone is selling an x metal frame with 24k lenses and is describing it as follows."The inside of the left arm has 04-144 lasered on and 56 (Oakley icon) 22 next to it as per the photo." he also goes on to say it is serial#5622.But doesn't show this number. The x metal xx's i have only have a number beginning with XX on them
Any opinions?

Thanks in advance

These are an x metal finnish frame with 24k lenses. How do you create an ebay link ,I cant do it.

the "serial" he gave you is just the frame measurements again- 56 O 22 (thats what the laser engraving is about).

oakley 04-144 is the xmetal XX. its a 2009 re-release since there IS NO SERIAL, only frame measurement etchings, and originally came with black iridium. the 24k lens was only for the 24k frame, but also available as a accessory lens option.

basically legit, but hes swapped the lenses.

Ok then,so the answeris no not all metal xx's in xmetal/black were serialised.
This leads me to another question.I have a new x metal framed xx/black in box ect.it has a serial number,I assumed this was a rerelease because it is in one of what I thought were the new style boxes ie the two part out box and much more intricate coin.So when did the boxes and coins change from the old style my Romeo ones are in to the newer box.

they had their measurements printed on the left earstem as opposed to being blank or having a serial number. as brip stated, the seller mistook the measurements for a serial as many do for some reason.

Aww ok cause I looked at my 24k and didnt find a serial but I just thought it was a later gen.

Back