• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Metal Xx Serials

• Thread starter nightpusher1
  • Start date
Ok then,so the answeris no not all metal xx's in xmetal/black were serialised.
This leads me to another question.I have a new x metal framed xx/black in box ect.it has a serial number,I assumed this was a rerelease because it is in one of what I thought were the new style boxes ie the two part out box and much more intricate coin.So when did the boxes and coins change from the old style my Romeo ones are in to the newer box.

does the box serial number on te label match your pair? cos i suspect its a original run xx in a newer box. whats the serial number?

I'm at work at the moment ,I get home in 2 weeks and will check then.I don't think this will be a mis match though,these were bought from a guy in Sydney who bought them (new)for skiing ,wore them once or twice then put them in a cupboard till I bought them.So it would appear that the xx x metal at least appeared in the new box complete with serial number,but,as I say I will have to confirm when I get home

does the box serial number on te label match your pair? cos i suspect its a original run xx in a newer box. whats the serial number?

I'm at work at the moment ,I get home in 2 weeks and will check then.I don't think this will be a mis match though,these were bought from a guy in Sydney who bought them (new)for skiing ,wore them once or twice then put them in a cupboard till I bought them.So it would appear that the xx x metal at least appeared in the new box complete with serial number,but,as I say I will have to confirm when I get home

yeah please do. even if he didnt do it, not surprised if he picked it up at a vault and it was already a mismatched set. because im PRETTY damn sure the new boxes only came in the 2009 re-release and never had serials. maybe the frame size etched on there but no way a serial.

I will ask the wife to get the serial and photograph the glasses and box and try and get an answer in the next few days.

Got the missus to look at the glasses ,turns out that my memory or my sanity or both are on the way out,no serial just the 04144 number.So all good now and making sense except that the immaculate pair that I convinced myself were serialised arn't. Bugger.

X-Metal Serials.

Hi, i bought these frames which had no lenses from a seller who couldn't wear them as he needed prescription glasses and i put OAKLEY 24K lenses in them. It wasn't till i got them that i saw the numbers on the arm & didn't know the 5622 was the frame measurement so i put it as a serial number as that was what i thought it was as they were a re-release i thought Oakley may have changed the serial numbers as they were a newer version. I now know the 2009 re-released XX X-Metals didn't have a serial number but i didn't know what the numbers meant when i listed them so i just put them as a serial number as i knew someone would know what the numbers meant and that these weren't fake. Now i know what the numbers mean i have put that they aren't a serial number but represent the frame measurements in the listing to clear up confusion as i don't want people to think i am selling fake XX's as i would never do that so thanks for giving me the information to clear up confusion. I guarantee thet are 100% genuine as i am offering a full refund including return postage to the buyer as per my eBay listing.

I have put a link to O-REVIEW with serials:
The Oakley Review - Wiki (Serial_List)

Hi, i bought these frames which had no lenses from a seller who couldn't wear them as he needed prescription glasses and i put OAKLEY 24K lenses in them. It wasn't till i got them that i saw the numbers on the arm & didn't know the 5622 was the frame measurement so i put it as a serial number as that was what i thought it was as they were a re-release i thought Oakley may have changed the serial numbers as they were a newer version. I now know the 2009 re-released XX X-Metals didn't have a serial number but i didn't know what the numbers meant when i listed them so i just put them as a serial number as i knew someone would know what the numbers meant and that these weren't fake. Now i know what the numbers mean i have put that they aren't a serial number but represent the frame measurements in the listing to clear up confusion as i don't want people to think i am selling fake XX's as i would never do that so thanks for giving me the information to clear up confusion. I guarantee thet are 100% genuine as i am offering a full refund including return postage to the buyer as per my eBay listing.

I have put a link to O-REVIEW with serials:
The Oakley Review - Wiki (Serial_List)

Well, thanks and welcome to the forum. Interesting first post.

Hi Nightpusher, when did you buy your Romeo 1 as they were discontinued in 2004 and the old box has the serial number of the pair in the box hand written on the end of the box so the serial number on the box should match the serial number on the nose bridge of the Romeo 1 sunnies in the box as per this link: Oakley Romeo 1 X-Metal w/Black Irid | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

As far as i knew Romeo 1 only came out in the old box in the photo above. The new X-Metal box looks like this: The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing

As you can see there is a picture of the sunnies and the frame/lens combo but no hand written serial number as Oakley stopped putting serial numbers on X-Metals in December 2004 so i am guessing the old box was replaced by the new box post 2004 on X-Metals released after 2004. If you look at the newer X-Metals like Half X/X Squared they have this same style box as the box in the 2nd photo as they don't have a serial number.

Latest Posts

Back