• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MicahS from WI

MicahS

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Wisconsin
I figured I'd post an intro.

I've been an avid Oakley fan since the mid 90's when I bought my first pair of E-Wires. I owned many other early wire frames over he next few years. My favorites being the "2nd Gen" wires as they are sometime referred to, the A wire 2.0 spring, E wire 2.0, C wire and Square wires.

Shortly after I started the x-metal line had arrived and of course I couldn't be left out. I ended up purchasing a Mars X-metal w/BI lenses and a Copper Penny w/VR28. Both coming from a mall Kiosk in Janesville WI. Unfortunely those were not to be and I ended up selling them a year or so later. I've owned a random X-metal here and there since but never for any length of time.

My real collecting days started in the mid 2000's with the release of styles like the Scar, Valves. I have a fascination with the sharp, aggressive style of that time. Over the last 10 years I've owned one of just about everything they've made...or it seems. Most of the time I end up bored with them and trade or sell them for others.

I have an OCD issue where if I truly like a style I need to acquire all the colorways. About half of my collection consists of a few styles, the rest are just one or two pairs of random stuff.

Cool to hear about you collection. We like pictures too. Oh and welcome aboard.

Cool to hear about you collection. We like pictures too. Oh and welcome aboard.

Yea, I plan on starting a thread in the collections forum once I get some time. I just picked up some softbox lights to try to improve my photos from the dark, grainy shots I usually end up getting

Back