• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mid-size Laptop Backpack?

reswob

Oakley Beginner
USA
I'm looking for a new backpack, and it's so hard to visualize how big/small they are from most of the pics on the website, so hoping the hive mind can make a recommendation!

requirements:

-laptop sleeve that fits 15.6" widescreen
-main compartment big enough to fit a weekends worth of clothes, or a few standard size notebooks and textbooks
-sunglass compartment (duh!)
-side pouch big enough to hold a water bottle would be nice, a 1-L Nalgene bottle size would be even better

Mainly looking at anything available from Standard Issue or the Vault (that means, NOT the $200 kitchen sink!)

Dude the panel pack is the bag for you, and it is the one Denzel used in Book of Eli....more cool points. It is on standard issue for like $45.00. It fits my 15" MBP perfectly, the main compartment fits a whole outfit + shoes, and it has not 1 but 3 side compartments that all have a lot of room. Do eeet!

Thanks Jive, that's the one I was eyeballing on USSI. I may just have to order that and take advantage of free shipping through next Monday (too bad mulitcam costs almost twice as much!)

My laptop is about 0.75" bigger all around than a 15" Mac Book Pro, would I have enough room?

Sorry for the late reply! Hmm I will put my laptop in it after work and see if there is any extra room. I will let you know!

Back