• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mine has to be authentic..and yet..

AGC8

Oakley Beginner
Got my Custom Holbrook (Asian Fit) this past Monday FedEx'd. Was happy to get them within days.

I got their black (large) box with the magnetic flap. Their smaller white/grey CUSTOM HDO box. Warranty papers. That's it! The rectangular folded up sheet was printed on quality paper. Listed features.

No cleaning cloth. Do they come with one? I know Ray-Ban's do.

There was also no printed text on the insides of the temples (arms). Just a small raised embossing of I think HOLBROOK. Too small to see with the naked eye.

The lens work. And I did order mine directly from the CDN Oakley website. Passing through www.oakley.com...which from the start gives you the option to shop in the CDN site/CDN$ or the US. So, I assumed this was a legit purchase. Again...my shades were FedEx'd which is expensive. I don't think some people managed to..or took the time to create a website so detailed and identical to the US site..would FedEx shades if they were not legit. Just seems a bit sloppy.

Plus, I spec'd Prizm Road lenses...got HDO Tungsten (I think polarized as glare is greatly reduced...as polarized lenses would do). I emailed them back and they did take the time to reply. Sounded legit. And if this was an elaborate fake job..why bother replying a few times? Why use FedEx??

And I almost forgot...the shades did come in a white shades bag with CUSTOM printed on it. Raised HOLBROOK lettering on the on one of the temples near the hinge. And I did get this white card in a white envelop pointing me to #oakleycustom on Twitter. .

Last edited:
It’s legit. Customs don’t have a sku printed on the arm. If the lenses are wrong though contact customer service to remedy that.

It’s legit. Customs don’t have a sku printed on the arm. If the lenses are wrong though contact customer service to remedy that.
Ok. Good too know. Í mean I bought mine off the Oakley Canada website. They used FedEx. Just found it odd there's no print on the temple or stickers on the box. I suppose because it's Custom. Won't go to a shop.

I already contacted Oakley Canada. Said they would send me another pair with the right lens. Free of charge. Waiting on them to process my 2nd pair and send me an emailed receipt.

Custom boxes are usually plain and there’s nothing on the arm because sku numbers identify a frame and lens combo and when you customize one no sku will work for it so they’re blank.

..I don't actually think any crooks would bother creating such a legitimate looking website. Attached to the Us site

Just heard back from Oakley Canada. New person. Now this person is telling me to send back the shades for a full refund. Not hard. But potentially a headache.

Gave me a Canada Post Return PDF to print out. To be put on the parcel (my shades) and either handed to a Canada Post depot or tossed in a Canada Post mailbox (street). Once they get (IF they do...who knows what could happen to it?) I will get a full refund. ..what if they say they never got it?? Then I'm out $250 CDN. :)

As I said, if they don't do as the other girl originally said they would I'll just keep them. Then lens, is either the Polarized Tungsten or Prizm Tungsten...which I would have spec'd for later anyway. In truth "Prizm Road" is a little too flamboyant in "red/purple". Too much for everyday shades...bit off-putting for any one walking in my direction.

Rather get that free pair...not to be greedy but if they said they would...HEHE...I'm just taking them up on their original offer. I thought they would just send me the lenses. Turns out their out of stock (of Prizm Road). Didn't say that on their website.

So Now I'm waiting for their reply/decision...

Latest Posts

Back