• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mini Grail Score, Pro M Package! (pic Update)

Rustpot

M Frame Lover
Clarkston/Romeo MI
It's no secret I'm a fan of M Frames (at least I don't think it is :confused:). I've been after a few different items for a few months, scouring ebay trying to score some deals but landing short most of the time. I had put a buying freeze on for the time being until I could free up more money, but this package showed up and I just had to have it. I offered him a price to end it, he countered a little higher and I took it.

It's got 4 elements I've been lusting after, all in pretty nice condition, no obvious marks or scratches on the lenses;
1. Pro M Frame. I own a few folding frames and have wanted a pro since high school. It just happens to be matte black :dance3:

2. Pro M case. Also been trying to get one of these for cheap, to house my growing lens collection. There's one on ebay with a BIN of $80!

3. VR50 lens. I love the VR28 and have been looking for a brighter lens for indoor and overcast days, persimmon just didn't feel right for me.

4. G26 lens. There are several out there, most end up selling for retail, are in the UK, or they're in a tiny cut. I've been trying to get one for a while in Heater, but Strike works too.

Also has a clear lens (that makes 4 for me, I need to get rid of some of these!), and the pro micro bag.

IMG_0835.jpg

Do you have a HI Yellow M Frame lens? As far as I know, only made for sponsored athletes, never had a style number, only ever made in Sweep.

Do you have a HI Yellow M Frame lens? As far as I know, only made for sponsored athletes, never had a style number, only ever made in Sweep.

HI Yellow? Vented HI is on the Oakley website in Heater and Hybrid S. I feel like I know I've seen them, it's just never been a color I've wanted to go after, and I tend to ignore any lenses but Strike and Heater. But I also have Flaks and Half Jackets that I've been trolling for cheap XLJ lenses for so it might be from those.

Edit: I'm seeing non-vented Sweep at a few web sites.

Yes and no. I find it more effective to bring the glasses off my brow just a bit, easy to do and have them stay put with all the soft rubber on the M Frames. When I tuck my chin down and roll my shoulders in I'm looking through the lens just below the frame. The vents would be floating just above the gun sights and allow straight access to my eyeballs from spall and ricochet.

I've never seen someone wearing vented Oakleys for shooting. Not saying it doesn't happen, but I just haven't seen it.

My stance is probably a bit more exaggerated and I should open up a bit, but for me it's easier to hold muscle tension for rapid shooting and repeated position with everything pulled in.

I'm pretty sure this is why they made the Radar XL with a specific G26 model. Lots of scanning up during the presentation portion of the swing in clay games as well.

This is Rob Leatham, one of the best competition shooters in the world. You can see here his head is dipped and shoulders are rolled forward, and it looks like he's looking up to look at the sights.
rob+leath.jpg

Same thing with JJ Racaza, head is down a bit, shoulders rolled forward and in.
jj-racaza-image3.jpg

I can link a ton more of these as well.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/4370507848_5bb01deb1f_o.png

Latest Posts

Back