• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minivans *gasp*

Minivan you say?? I'd say it depends on how you want it to make it fun having the fact that I have no other choice but to get a minivan...LOL (3 Car seat, and a twin stroller). Its fun though because I can do whatever i want and make it sporty like a car plus I can use it to haul a double wide oakley cabinet If I need it. ;);););) Can your yellow car do that? :D@OakleyFrankFMJ?
View attachment 303893
View attachment 303894
View attachment 303895

Nice ride, V. Just don't register that here in PA with that front logo lit up, or you're goin' ta jail, boy.

Nice ride, V. Just don't register that here in PA with that front logo lit up, or you're goin' ta jail, boy.
What? Are you exercising hyperbole or is the jail part serious?

Watching Mighty Car Mods on youtube and hearing those guys lament about some of the laws in Australia when it comes to cars - jail time for audible blow off valves and all sorts of stupid stuff. And just about everything they actually work on and run isn't street legal, the only loophole being the overlap between yearly registration and I'm guessing that involves a real inspection. It all makes me sick. Somewhat jealous that they can snag cars out of Japan so easily, but at the same time just sick about the nanny state of laws regarding modifications.

What? Are you exercising hyperbole or is the jail part serious?

Watching Mighty Car Mods on youtube and hearing those guys lament about some of the laws in Australia when it comes to cars - jail time for audible blow off valves and all sorts of stupid stuff. And just about everything they actually work on and run isn't street legal, the only loophole being the overlap between yearly registration and I'm guessing that involves a real inspection. It all makes me sick. Somewhat jealous that they can snag cars out of Japan so easily, but at the same time just sick about the nanny state of laws regarding modifications.

The only thing I'm exercising here is my desire to make intelligent people like you say "Umm...what"?!?!!!!! Rust!

If the logo lights come from the factory...OFF THE CAR CARRIER DELIVERED TO THE DEALER, they are legal here, but you better have a copy of the window sticker showing that, cause it's all "Cop dependent" here....(attitude is everything). If you install or have them installed yourself they are absolutely illegal and will not pass our annual required state safety inspection here. You will have to disable them for the test. Even if our Mercedes dealer puts them on your Mercedes that you bought yesterday or are taking with you today.

They won't take you to jail, just fine your ass into the stratosphere (PA includes court costs in their fines even if you check "I plead guilty" and send them your money.)
If they get you more than once for the same thing though...who knows!

Same thing with "excessive" window tint.

The only thing I'm exercising here is my desire to make intelligent people like you say "Umm...what"?!?!!!!! Rust!

If the logo lights come from the factory...OFF THE CAR CARRIER DELIVERED TO THE DEALER, they are legal here, but you better have a copy of the window sticker showing that, cause it's all "Cop dependent" here....(attitude is everything). If you install or have them installed yourself they are absolutely illegal and will not pass our annual required state safety inspection here. You will have to disable them for the test. Even if our Mercedes dealer puts them on your Mercedes that you bought yesterday or are taking with you today.

They won't take you to jail, just fine your ass into the stratosphere (PA includes court costs in their fines even if you check "I plead guilty" and send them your money.)

Goddamn PA sucks. :p

Annual inspections sucks anywhere! I'm glad that I don't need to perform inspections ever!

Wow that sucks! The only regulation we have here in NJ is the window tint, tail light tint, License plate (certain height distance) windshield stickers. My emblem back light is not so bright that can obstruct any driver so i guess its not a problem here, cops even stare at it and gives me a smile and thumbs up. ;)

So you're state won't take kindly to my tinted windshields then. ;)

Wow that sucks! The only regulation we have here in NJ is the window tint, tail light tint, License plate (certain height distance) windshield stickers. My emblem back light is not so bright that can obstruct any driver so i guess its not a problem here, cops even stare at it and gives me a smile and thumbs up. ;)
Window and windshield tint? Yes
Front plate? What front plate? No need for that! While I'm at it. Back plate? Yeah it's in the back seat. Why? Because!
Tail lights tinted? Yes
Windshield stickers? I don't need those either

:rofl:

So you're state won't take kindly to my tinted windshields then. ;)

Oh, it can be tinted Frank. From the factory or you can do it yourself. Just if the cops cannot "Distinguish you in the vehicle through the front side windows" you can get tagged and they'll light meter the windows. It all comes down to how much of a d!ck the cop and/or you feel like being about it. Back side windows and rear window have different light transmission limits. Windshield top band is okay with extra tint or a logo of some sort, but it has to be see through from the inside, and it says 4 inches down but they usually ignore that, unless it takes up half the damn windshield from the top...then you're done.

And it used to be twice a year till the late '70's or very early '80's I believe, @V2oak ! Since then just once a year.

Window and windshield tint? Yes
Front plate? What front plate? No need for that! While I'm at it. Back plate? Yeah it's in the back seat. Why? Because!
Tail lights tinted? Yes
Windshield stickers? I don't need those either

:rofl:
You can but i dont want to take the risk of being pulled over and wasting time with them, im just a regular law abiding citizen. LOL

Last edited:
My wife and I have been driving our 2003 Honda Odyssey for 14 years and it has been a GREAT vehicle. All we have had to do was 2 brake jobs, replace an alternator belt (last month), transmission oil change, and normal oil and filter changes. That's it! I just used it yesterday for a snowboard trip and it still drives well. My company and friends own Dodge Caravans and they definitely aren't as reliable. I had a brand new Chrysler Town and Country rental with 4000kms and had to get it towed because electrical gremlins made it cut in and out. It also wouldn't unlock with the keyless entry button and it had terrible vibrations on the highway. This was exactly 2 years ago so it was a 2015 model. I definitely wouldn't buy one and Consumer Reports agrees. Same goes for the Dodge Journey.

Another vehicle with sliding doors to consider is the Mazda5. We still have them here in Canada and the finance and lease rates and discounts are great for 2016 and 2017 models. It used to be recommended by CR but no longer is because of the poor IIHS small front overlap front crash test result:
Vehicle details . My uncle bought one last year and loves it. I had a 2009 Mazda5 as a demo when I worked at a Mazda dealership and also liked it, but it doesn't have the room like a full size van, the front seat doesn't go back far enough for me or offer enough thigh support for long drives. Good points compared to full size vans is it is much easier to park, easier on gas, cheaper to buy, and more fun to drive, especially with the manual transmission.

I am in the market for another vehicle and I have it narrowed down to a Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9, and Mazda5. My friends used to make fun of my Honda Odyssey but it was the go to vehicle when they wanted to go on road trips. I even have a TV and PS2 in it (remember its a 2003:oops:).

Back