• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minivans *gasp*

Wife is on her second Honda Odyssey. Other family members have had Chrysler T&C's, not bad, but imho you can't beat the Honda for a family hauler.

Maybe in a few years... my wife's car ( which should become mine is a 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer...

Dented front and back from her 'fantastic' driving skills... :p

If it had been an EVO it could have been fun :car: Find some snow covered roads and do some sliding around...

My wife and I have been driving our 2003 Honda Odyssey for 14 years and it has been a GREAT vehicle. All we have had to do was 2 brake jobs, replace an alternator belt (last month), transmission oil change, and normal oil and filter changes. That's it! I just used it yesterday for a snowboard trip and it still drives well. My company and friends own Dodge Caravans and they definitely aren't as reliable. I had a brand new Chrysler Town and Country rental with 4000kms and had to get it towed because electrical gremlins made it cut in and out. It also wouldn't unlock with the keyless entry button and it had terrible vibrations on the highway. This was exactly 2 years ago so it was a 2015 model. I definitely wouldn't buy one and Consumer Reports agrees. Same goes for the Dodge Journey.

Another vehicle with sliding doors to consider is the Mazda5. We still have them here in Canada and the finance and lease rates and discounts are great for 2016 and 2017 models. It used to be recommended by CR but no longer is because of the poor IIHS small front overlap front crash test result:
Vehicle details . My uncle bought one last year and loves it. I had a 2009 Mazda5 as a demo when I worked at a Mazda dealership and also liked it, but it doesn't have the room like a full size van, the front seat doesn't go back far enough for me or offer enough thigh support for long drives. Good points compared to full size vans is it is much easier to park, easier on gas, cheaper to buy, and more fun to drive, especially with the manual transmission.

I am in the market for another vehicle and I have it narrowed down to a Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Mazda CX-9, and Mazda5. My friends used to make fun of my Honda Odyssey but it was the go to vehicle when they wanted to go on road trips. I even have a TV and PS2 in it (remember its a 2003:oops:).

My wife hauls our 3 kids (all under 6yo) in a mazda 5 and loves it for all the above reasons, and it drives like a car, very zippy. it surprises a lot of people who have driven it, but yes it is small, the quality of the interior is def not as plush as other high end vans but it gets kids around and we dont trip about the filthy animals spilling stuff in the cracks...

How about a multicab which goes around the price of a new MacBook?

image.jpeg

So yeah ... 2015 Town & Country Touring L ... 44000 Km's... it's pretty much only missing the Blu Ray and the electric rear seats ...

It's embaresssing the gadgets in that thing ... 'ambiance lighting' ? 'Tailgate seating?' 'Heated steering wheel' ?

My old car is from the ghetto dark ages compared to this ...

Latest Posts

Back