• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Battery Replacement in UK

bttb

Oakley Enthusiast
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
UK
Guys I'm struggling to get the battery replaced in my Minute Machine.

I'm trying to trackdown a recommended shop or individual based in the UK

I've been able to open 3 of the 4 screws to the rear to gain access to change the battery, but the 4th screw is too much of a challenge for me and I'm fearing damaging the 4th screw.

If anyone is able to recommend a shop or an individual based in the UK that would be much appreciated.

thanks

BTTB

Timpson's

I don't know the other UK members' recommendations but I had one of my MM replaced in Basingstoke.

Unless you have a very small screw driver to remove the battery holder (which is inside), might as well head off to Timpson's. They do pressure test as well.

Guys I'm struggling to get the battery replaced in my Minute Machine.

I'm trying to trackdown a recommended shop or individual based in the UK

I've been able to open 3 of the 4 screws to the rear to gain access to change the battery, but the 4th screw is too much of a challenge for me and I'm fearing damaging the 4th screw.

If anyone is able to recommend a shop or an individual based in the UK that would be much appreciated.

thanks

BTTB
Try putting the other three screws back in and tighten them, then try to remove that fourth screw. Sometimes if you don’t unscrew them all equally it will create a bind on that last screw. Or, that last one is rusted in there and you’ll end up having to drill it out. Good luck.

Try putting the other three screws back in and tighten them, then try to remove that fourth screw. Sometimes if you don’t unscrew them all equally it will create a bind on that last screw. Or, that last one is rusted in there and you’ll end up having to drill it out. Good luck.
I'll give that a try and see if it help

thanks

Timpson's

I don't know the other UK members' recommendations but I had one of my MM replaced in Basingstoke.

Unless you have a very small screw driver to remove the battery holder (which is inside), might as well head off to Timpson's. They do pressure test as well.
Thanks for the reply, didnt realise Timpsons offered that service.

My concern is I told it to the Watch Station and they refused to even open it and advised I send back to Oakley. And I have emailed Oakley UK 4 weeks and not even had a reply.

I'll try Mustangit's tip first if no joy I'll give Timpsons a try.

thanks

bttb

Thanks for the reply, didnt realise Timpsons offered that service.

My concern is I told it to the Watch Station and they refused to even open it and advised I send back to Oakley. And I have emailed Oakley UK 4 weeks and not even had a reply.

I'll try Mustangit's tip first if no joy I'll give Timpsons a try.

thanks

bttb

I did try replacing the battery myself.... until i got inside. I got no small srew driver to remove the piece that holds the battery onto the battery slot. You will need a proper micro screw driver and a very sharp eye, mine has been ravaged by time.

20191124_002011.jpg

Last edited:
Back