• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine clasp 2018

Emhtee

Oakley Beginner
Hello all. I’ve read some posts from 2014 from people who were having problems with their clasps on
the minute machine watch. I have the same issue as some where the clasp will not engage and stay closed. I have several watches and I can do minor repairs myself so after some research here I removed the clasp. Then I removed the two small screws on the backside of the clasp and opened it to find the little return spring was not attached. In some of the past posts here it’s been said that Oakley’s US customer service is pretty poor & they won’t sell you a clasp they want you to send it to them for repair @ a cost of $260. They ont just let you buy and repair yourself. I’d like to know if anyone has any additional experience with this type of issue recently as I’d like to get mine repaired as soon as possible.

Does it look like this inside?This is a hollowpoint but might be same, If so the springs don’t need to attach they work as outer force when set in spacers. Just need to carefully reassemble the pieces so the springs remain in the slots.

If the springs are damaged are bent out of shape they might not have enough force to push the assembly apart hence locking the clasp pin.
A6E881D0-44EE-4B9B-98A8-69BDE31077B2.jpeg

Hello all. I’ve read some posts from 2014 from people who were having problems with their clasps on
the minute machine watch. I have the same issue as some where the clasp will not engage and stay closed. I have several watches and I can do minor repairs myself so after some research here I removed the clasp. Then I removed the two small screws on the backside of the clasp and opened it to find the little return spring was not attached. In some of the past posts here it’s been said that Oakley’s US customer service is pretty poor & they won’t sell you a clasp they want you to send it to them for repair @ a cost of $260. They ont just let you buy and repair yourself. I’d like to know if anyone has any additional experience with this type of issue recently as I’d like to get mine repaired as soon as possible.

Can you post pics of the part(s). Might help to understand the options.

Ok

I pulled the clasp apart and I found that the two springs are missing. So that’s the problem
Now the question is can I get the springs or will I be forced to try to locate & buy an entire clasp.

I tried to post a pic but it keep giving mr an error message.

It looks like basically the same design so that’s the good news. I would try a good watch shop and see if they have replacement springs that fit that size and springiness. When opening up the watch you must have lost the springs in my opinion. They tend to jump out when lifting the top plate.

It looks like basically the same design so that’s the good news. I would try a good watch shop and see if they have replacement springs that fit that size and springiness. When opening up the watch you must have lost the springs in my opinion. They tend to jump out when lifting the top plate.
No, when I opened it there were no springs inside it.

I got the sane problem with the clasp so I had to sent it to Oakley and they charge me 250 USD...after having the watch a few more years the clasp broke again...so I have to send the watch back to them to replace the whole clasp! I'm wondering how much they will charge now...

I got the sane problem with the clasp so I had to sent it to Oakley and they charge me 250 USD...after having the watch a few more years the clasp broke again...so I have to send the watch back to them to replace the whole clasp! I'm wondering how much they will charge now...
Nothing because they cut the entire watch program and department... welcome to the aftermarket

Back