• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Finish

Oakley413

Oakley Expert
Boca Raton
I wear my minute machine all day every day and over time it has gotten a little beat up and there are a bunch of scratches and stuff on the band and around the face. I was wondering if anyone has/ or knows a way that I could get rid of the scratches. I don't want to polish it to a shine, I want to keep the same brushed look, but don't know how I would do it. Could a jeweler do it?

Thanks

Please let me know if you found a cheap and effective way to buff out the scratches on the minute machine thanks!!

scotch brite...Has nobody ever tried that in here? I used the grey colored pads you get at home depot or lowes (in the states) for mine and made it like a brand new finish...

scotch brite...Has nobody ever tried that in here? I used the grey colored pads you get at home depot or lowes (in the states) for mine and made it like a brand new finish...

You mean those dish washing soap sponges? What was the method you used to brush? Forward/backward movement or left and right or?

Lastly, what did you do near the sapphire crystal, to prevent the scottch brite from scratchign it? Did you mask it with tape or something or it wont scratch it?

I havent gotten the time to go to a jeweler because I have been busy with school but I have been thinking about just using the scotch bright method. I would just tape off the sapphire face and then back and just take it all apart and do each piece individually.

As for the method, I would go along with the same direction that is already on the watch.

What do you think Chop?