• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute machine/Hollow point users speak up

I use both, they both have their pros and cons.

An advantage of the MM over the HP is the MM has micro-adjusters while the HP does not, allowing you to fine-tune the fit of the MM better. HP has some half-length links but overall it's not as flexible with the sizing.

But I've read of some clasp issues with the MM while I haven't heard of any with the HP. Doesn't mean the MM is prone to them, just that they've happened.

If I could only have one, I'd probably choose the HP, but that's personal preference.
How can this guy be so sharp in his descriptions and statement.?:)
i damn like u .U are 100% correct. i had to make plenty of combinations with the big and smaller HP links to find my size;)

How can this guy be so sharp in his descriptions and statement.?:)
i damn like u .U are 100% correct. i had to make plenty of combinations with the big and smaller HP links to find my size;)

Funny I never knew this and wear my HP all the time.

Preferably I enjoy the MM a bit better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For durability and quality of build both score high. The clasp is an issue but if you use the buttons to snap it on as well as taking off they will not wear out. It is really a question of style and being you should match the other things you wear if you wear square frames go MM if you are a XX or J guy with the rounds go HP. The best solution though is have both ;)

I wear my MM copperface everyday now for years.
I read about the clasp issue so I put it on squeezing the sides as to minimize the potential issue of the internals breaking.

I have 2 MM. I love them both. You should definitely pick one up if you find it.

@Steven Goldberg might be able to share some wisdom here!!

The hollow point is personally my favorite with looks and upgraded design. If you want to ball out and look like an FMJ without the keychain. :lol:. This is my watch of choice. The upgraded band; the red orange or black dials are fire. I also appreciate the versitility with fashion and ruggedness. I've worn this being very active; and or polished it with reg stainless steel cloths to rub out any minor scratches. The clasp adjustment is subjective to the buyer; it's not a deal breaker. I do agree with previous person that micro adjustment is nice with changes in weather; coming out of a pool or expanded wrist sizes after you work out.

I expect that in high end watches such as Rolex breitling cartier extra.

The minute machine is the icon of oakley watches. It has a cool look; and versitility as well in dial. Such as the diamond MM; cerocyte and changes in the inner link colors. This is my second favorite watch; if money isn't an option I'd buy both.

To break it down; they both hold up well and the titanium is easy with polishing scratches. Sure the clasp could need adjustment but any jeweler can fix it; not a biggie