• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine polished or brushed titanium?

DrtyHarry

Oakley Expert
Is one more expensive than the other? On the latest models, do the polished versions have different faces than the brushed versions? Is one version more expensive than the other? I like the look of the brushed version...I think the polished version might be a bit too much "bling" so to speak....since it's such a large watch. What do you guys think?

I was looking for a blue dial version with a brushed bracelet, but found out that the blue dial is only offered with the polished bracelet. I toyed with the notion of having it sent to the X-Man and having him put his X-Metal finish on it...but I know that will decrease the value of the watch. Not like it matters much to me...but I actually like the way the brushed titanium is the way it is. I'm really on the fence on brushed or polished. What did most of you guys who have MM watches end up getting? Is the high polish a bit to flashy? Is the polished version more expensive or more "exclusive" than the brushed? I see some of the polished versions labeled as "special addition". Any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks fellas.

Harry

polished is way more expensive and there aren't a ton of them that were made.

you could buy brushed one and have it polished by a jeweler. that would be cheaper.

i like the yellow dial one most (it's actually orange) it's the Brazil exclusive colorway. i bought it in like new condition on this forum.

2rcbam0.jpg

I went with the polished/blue one because I really liked the blue dial. I guess it just depends on preference. If you don't like the polished look, then I would try to settle on one that isn't polished. There are still some good choices out there.

polished is way more expensive and there aren't a ton of them that were made.

you could buy brushed one and have it polished by a jeweler. that would be cheaper.

i like the yellow dial one most (actually looks orange) it's the Brazilian exclusive colorway. i bought it in like new condition on this forum.

2rcbam0.jpg
In order of "expensiveness". Yes I made that word just now. :p

1-Diamond Dial
2-polished
3-normal bands
4-rubber bands

I went with the polished/blue one because I really liked the blue dial. I guess it just depends on preference. If you don't like the polished look, then I would try to settle on one that isn't polished. There are still some good choices out there.
What was retail on the polished?

It looks nice...I'm following one on eBay as we speak. And I think it has a brushed bracelet...doesn't look too flashy, and I don't have any diamonds on any of my watches. I think I read it has a total of 1.5k on it?
I can't remember the k's. But it has a total of 75 pieces. But when you see it in front of you they are more like little chips. It's the best one though in my opinion.

Back