• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute Machine Sapphire Crystal Coating

barok0208

I should Work at Oakley
I recently purchased a used minute machine and it has 2 minor scratch on the crystal. Can anyone share their experience how they removed it? perhaps using the diamond paste that other forums talk about. Also, can anyone confirm if the antireflective coating on crystal is on the inside part of the crystal. I do not want to damage it when polished the scratch. TIA.

Its pretty difficult to get a scratch on sapphire crystal. In most cases, watch enthusiasts will usually say to replace the crystal, as you will have far less hassles this way.

With that said, I have heard that diamond paste can work, but have no experiences with it. I'm fairly certain that the Minute Machine does not have antireflective coating on the outer portion of the crystal. I have another watch which does have this outer coating, and under certain lighting conditions, you can see that the coating is applied. Also most anti-reflective coating cause finger print marks to be seen on the crystal, so you have to polish it out every now and again. So, if you do decide to go the diamond paste route, you are probably safe to do so, because I don't believe that the Minute Machine has this type of outer, antireflective coating.

Latest Posts

Back