• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

minute machine trouble

I dont think it is too big a deal, as the watch keeps perfect time, but when the chrono hand is stopped at 12, and i rotate the watch from crown up to crown down and back again, i can see the hand move ever so slightly, maybe a .25 of a second movement.
Does anyone else notice this on their MM of any other watch for that matter?

It could be a couple things causing the Chronograph Second hand to move like you are describing,

1. The Rivet at the "center" of the second hand that holds it to the Tube is slightly loose..

2. The Tube (mentioned above) is loose on the Chronograph Arbor..

Although I have never worked on a Ronda Caliber 5040.B found in the MM. I do not believe it has adjustable return hammers, the stepping motors do the reset function. So I doubt the "slop" is in the movement.

Now if the Tube is loose the hand could "fall off" the arbor its on and potentially get jammed between the other hands..

If it's just the rivet that is loose it will most likely just continue to wiggle until it just moves freely on its own...

It's up to you if you send it under warranty, I understand not wanting to be with out you watch for a while and the possibility it could get scratched/damaged..

I personally would just keep a close eye on it, when and if the "slop" reaches 1 full second, then I would send it...

Hope this helps...

Cheers...

@shofzr @OakleyFrankFMJ @STavros @Duke Nivram

This is the variance:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Not a huge difference, but visible. Bottom line is, EVERY watch I have ever owned, from Tissot, to Oakley, to an automatic Raymond Weil, has had some sort of "flaw" or "character", i know thats just how it is. What I want to know is whether or not its a fatal flaw. I can live with it if it isnt, because the watch is gorgeous.

@shofzr @OakleyFrankFMJ @STavros @Duke Nivram

This is the variance:
View attachment 220970View attachment 220971Not a huge difference, but visible. Bottom line is, EVERY watch I have ever owned, from Tissot, to Oakley, to an automatic Raymond Weil, has had some sort of "flaw" or "character", i know thats just how it is. What I want to know is whether or not its a fatal flaw. I can live with it if it isnt, because the watch is gorgeous.
Another thing that is weird, is when i rotate the watch clockwise, the hand goes to the right, as if the hand is too heavy, but the weird part is, i dont have to rotate the watch all the way back to before the hand "pulls" itself back to the left. If the hand was loose, wouldnt it just fall with gravity, not pull itself back before gravity kicks in?

Another thing that is weird, is when i rotate the watch clockwise, the hand goes to the right, as if the hand is too heavy, but the weird part is, i dont have to rotate the watch all the way back to before the hand "pulls" itself back to the left. If the hand was loose, wouldnt it just fall with gravity, not pull itself back before gravity kicks in?
I don't think it's fatal but our watch genius is gonna have to chime in on that.

If you stop the hand at other spots, like 10 or 15 after does it still move the same?

I am leaning toward Not Fatal, just slightly annoying. As long as the watch continues to function correctly, and the play in the hand doesn't increase, you should be good to go

Any chance you could post a video of the hand play?
This thing has my curiosity peaked
Stay tuned brother...

I am leaning toward Not Fatal, just slightly annoying. As long as the watch continues to function correctly, and the play in the hand doesn't increase, you should be good to go

Any chance you could post a video of the hand play?
This thing has my curiosity peaked

However you might want to consider sending it in near the end of your warranty. Or if you are worried about it getting damaged you could send it to a Member that lives near HQ and have them walk it in then ship it back to you.

Back