• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Minute Machine - Unobtanium Band - Collector's Case

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck with selling this here now - Ebay is a nice sales site for those folks who are looking to take every penny possible from their buyers.

This is a collectors forum filled mostly with friends who sell to friends at fair market value.

Good luck....

Some people reacted to this post.
Thanks Duke,

More than happy to sell on Ebay. Just thought a collectors forum would have a better chance of a local buyer.

I'm a friendly guy too. The "watch value" thread that I posted in first trying to get fair market value went unresponded to and I used ebay as a value indicator. I've never sold this watch before, I don't know much about the real world value of a fancy case that seems rare or a watch that's never again going to be produced.

I must have missed the rules where it explained that I am supposed to price things at the low end of the market value instead of the higher end.

If you want to make an offer feel free to do so. I'm used to selling items on craigslist or car forums where ANY listed price will receive offers for half of that, so forgive me for pricing slightly high to avoid getting lowballed too badly.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks Duke,

More than happy to sell on Ebay. Just thought a collectors forum would have a better chance of a local buyer.

I'm a friendly guy too. The "watch value" thread that I posted in first trying to get fair market value went unresponded to and I used ebay as a value indicator. I've never sold this watch before, I don't know much about the real world value of a fancy case that seems rare or a watch that's never again going to be produced.

I must have missed the rules where it explained that I am supposed to price things at the low end of the market value instead of the higher end.

If you want to make an offer feel free to do so. I'm used to selling items on craigslist or car forums where ANY listed price will receive offers for half of that, so forgive me for pricing slightly high to avoid getting lowballed too badly.
You can't expect to sell here on the forum with eBay prices. Just a tip from a long time seller.

Username Hidden said:
You can't expect to sell here on the forum with eBay prices. Just a tip from a long time seller.

Which is why I created my post in the "watch value" thread. I'll consider this info moving forward.

Username Hidden said:
Thanks Duke,

Good points, that is on us for not answering your question you posted in the right place.

Honestly, some of the longer tenured members here have seen cycles of new members joining to simply sell at absolute top dollar (and we know their values). You are likely being typecasted (I did it myself to you) due to these experiences, not fair to you, my apologies there.

Also, we shouldn't have replied directly in your sales thread, also bad form on our part.

Good luck with the sale, I can say that watches sell within minutes here at the right price point. You have a clean looking watch as well, good luck with your sale.

You have a nice watch there. Also have a pretty dope case as well. I’d say start at $750 and I’m sure you will generate more interests.

950, preowned regardless of how much is well above market

Username Hidden said:
You have a nice watch there. Also have a pretty dope case as well. I’d say start at $750 and I’m sure you will generate more interests.

950, preowned regardless of how much is well above market

Aren't all Oakley watches "Pre-Owned" at this point?

Are you saying the trend here is to start low and see if you get higher offers? That seems worse than simply starting high. Maybe I'm misunderstanding your comment.

Username Hidden said:
Not if you’re a collector my friend. I still have several Watches!! wrapped up in plastic. And just like you said the ones that are new will go up in value as time goes on but not likely the preowned ones. I’ve been buying and selling Oakley Watches!! for the past eight years so I could tell you more than anyone so you don’t waste your time listing an item you won’t be able to sell

Username Hidden said:
Some are new never worn

Sorry I’m talk to text but I believe you got my context

Status
Not open for further replies.