• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Sold Minute Machine - Unobtanium Band - Collector's Case

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Username Hidden said:
Some are new never worn
That's like saying a car purchased from a dealer but never driven can be sold as brand new - it's still pre-owned. If we're going to be critical of such things anyway.

I get the difference between a watch that has been worn and a watch that has never been taken out of the box. Just kind of giving him a hard time.

Some people reacted to this post.
This is fun.......my cliff notes would read:

New guys joins to sell watch (never to be seen after sale)
Prices it at ebay prices on a Collectors forum (thinking he's not gonna get some jabs)
Blames OF for overpricing item.

Username Hidden said:

Prices it at ebay prices on a Collectors forum (thinking he's not gonna get some jabs)
I’m with ☝️

😂😂😂

Username Hidden said:

Dude how am I supposed to know the "forum approved" value of things if I don't post and find out?

Did I not post the items asking for value for a week before creating this post and my other watch FS post?

I'll pm you before posting anything else and make sure you approve my asking price. Cool?

Username Hidden said:
Dude how am I supposed to know the "forum approved" value of things if I don't post and find out?

Did I not post the items asking for value for a week before creating this post and my other watch FS post?

I'll pm you before posting anything else and make sure you approve my asking price. Cool?
I have no clue if you posted asking price, I'm going off what you said.

PM me anytime and I will give you a fair assessment. Several here have "sold" this exact watch thinking it's value was much more than it actually was.

Bump - Price update

Case in point, I helped a guy price three nice watches and spent countless hours responding to him on Facebook and here. I then offered him a very generous amount for one of them and he basically said he wanted the highest amount possible for the watch. He was a noob that needed guidance on pricing and did not listen to the values I told him to price them at.

After he turned me down on my offer it made me not want to help anyone that “pops” in here just to flip. If you’re here to stay it’s one thing but as soon as he sold his deceased brother in laws inventory he was ghost. He say my in the inventory quite a while before he finally probably sold all the pieces. That may be why no one responded but Not sure. I usually try to help on the watches I have knowledge on but it gets old with randos popping in. Good luck with your sale tho.

Username Hidden said:
Case in point, I helped a guy price three nice watches and spent countless hours responding to him on Facebook and here. I then offered him a very generous amount for one of them and he basically said he wanted the highest amount possible for the watch. He was a noob that needed guidance on pricing and did not listen to the values I told him to price them at.

After he turned me down on my offer it made me not want to help anyone that “pops” in here just to flip. If you’re here to stay it’s one thing but as soon as he sold his deceased brother in laws inventory he was ghost. He say my in the inventory quite a while before he finally probably sold all the pieces. That may be why no one responded but Not sure. I usually try to help on the watches I have knowledge on but it gets old with randos popping in. Good luck with your sale tho.
I do what’s right to help others. I don’t worry about the value it brings me. Most good people see the value in your ability to help others. It’s a circle brother. Next time you need something PM me and I’ll gladly hook you up.

Username Hidden said:

Just to clarify - you're not talking about me since I've never spoken to anyone on FB about anything Oakley related. If someone who was helping me value a bunch of things made me a fair offer I would accept it, that would be reasonable.

That sucks that happened but also the forum has to either accept temporary members offloading things that people want, or shut them out and don't allow them to post for sale items at all and nobody has a chance at them. You guys can't have it both ways. Anyone is more than welcome to keep scrolling passed a thread they don't feel is well priced.

Even funnier, people PM'ing me saying X user often talks down the value of something in one thread, and then sells a similar item for more in their own threads, or on ebay. This spirit of camaraderie here has an awful lot of back stabbing and misleading pricing analysis for personal gain.

I'm sure there are some good dudes here too - I have sold a few things to really rad people and expect to deal with them more in the future. But let's not act like every member here is honest and overflowing with the best intentions.

Username Hidden said:
Just to clarify - you're not talking about me since I've never spoken to anyone on FB about anything Oakley related. If someone who was helping me value a bunch of things made me a fair offer I would accept it, that would be reasonable.

That sucks that happened but also the forum has to either accept temporary members offloading things that people want, or shut them out and don't allow them to post for sale items at all and nobody has a chance at them. You guys can't have it both ways. Anyone is more than welcome to keep scrolling passed a thread they don't feel is well priced.

Even funnier, people PM'ing me saying @Steven Goldberg often talks down the value of something in one thread, and then sells a similar item for more in their own threads, or on ebay. This spirit of camaraderie here has an awful lot of back stabbing and misleading pricing analysis for personal gain.

I'm sure there are some good dudes here too - I have sold a few things to really rad people and expect to deal with them more in the future. But let's not act like every member here is honest and overflowing with the best intentions.
I agree you have to weed through the people looking to flip. Not always easy but you learn the good from bad over time my man!

Status
Not open for further replies.