• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Misc. Oakley Exchange Rules PLEASE READ

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Username Hidden said:
When the thread gets a new post, whether by the original poster (OP) or another member, it gets "bumped" to the top of the forum as things are sorted with the newest activity first.

Some people write "TTT / ttt" for "To The Top". Meaning they're bumping the thread to the top of the heap.

So I'm guessing it's the responsibility of the poster to bump the thread.
How does one bump the thread to the top?
Thank you,
J

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
So I'm guessing it's the responsibility of the poster to bump the thread.
How does one bump the thread to the top?
Thank you,
J
Any reply to the thread will bump it.

According to the rules, after 2 days of no activity the creator of the thread can reply with a basically empty post (3 character requirement) to create activity and have it appear at the top of the forum again.

So someone wanting to sell their items will bump the thread by replying to it so that it's seen by other members more easily. It will appear earlier in search results, in the list of "new" threads, and show as "unread" by everyone that hasn't opened the thread since the post. They can choose to not bump their thread, but activity and attention will generally drop off as the thread ages.

Bumps generally only apply to threads selling items, members looking for information, or other reasons to get the thread back to the top of the activity.

Username Hidden said:
Any reply to the thread will bump it.

According to the rules, after 2 days of no activity the creator of the thread can reply with a basically empty post (3 character requirement) to create activity and have it appear at the top of the forum again.

So someone wanting to sell their items will bump the thread by replying to it so that it's seen by other members more easily. It will appear earlier in search results, in the list of "new" threads, and show as "unread" by everyone that hasn't opened the thread since the post. They can choose to not bump their thread, but activity and attention will generally drop off as the thread ages.

Bumps generally only apply to threads selling items, members looking for information, or other reasons to get the thread back to the top of the activity.

Thank you very much for the information.
J

Why don't some of the items I have posted have the comment bar anymore?

Username Hidden said:
Why don't some of the items I have posted have the comment bar anymore?
Where they locked? How long ago was the last post?

Not sure if they were locked. If so, why would they be locked. I followed all the rules.

Username Hidden said:
Not sure if they were locked. If so, why would they be locked. I followed all the rules.
I just looked at all the threads you started, they all have a space for me to leave a comment.

Does it say no bump for 48 hours where the bar would be

Username Hidden said:
Does it say no bump for 48 hours where the bar would be
Probably this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Username Hidden said:
Not ALL of them.

Latest Posts

Back