• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Misc. Oakley Exchange Rules PLEASE READ

• Thread starter Username Hidden
  • Start date
Which one did I violate so I can fix

Some people reacted to this post.
Username Hidden said:
Which one did I violate so I can fix
9) One Bump per 48 hours max.

The comment bar is removed until either 48 hours has passed since your last post or some one else posts in the thread allowing you to respond to a question.

Got it! thank you fellas.

Username Hidden said:
Here is a complete thread of the rules which govern the Oakley Forum Exchange sections. Please read through them thoroughly to ensure you follow them.

The Misc. Oakley Exchange is for all Oakley/Oakley Related products which don't fit into one of the other exchanges. This area is not an area to sell anything!

Rules:

1) Authentic Oakley's only - This website is dedicated to authentic Oakley's. Any discussion of counterfeit Oakley's or any other counterfeit products will be closed immediately and users involved will be warned.

2) Need a Price - You must specify a price when selling a good in the Exchange Areas, if you do not specify a price, your thread will be locked.

3) Pictures Recommended - It is strongly recommended that you post a picture with your username written on a piece of paper in the picture to confirm your identity, especially if you are new to the exchange areas. This will prove to members that you are real and make the exchange much easier.

4) Do not post default Oakley picture - if you are selling an item, you must post your own pictures of the goods you are selling. The stock Oakley pictures are not a fair representation of what you are selling.

5) Do Not Scam - Any user who attempts to sell counterfeit products or scam other users will be immediately banned.

6) Stay on topic - Please try to stay on topic in the exchange area, people post here to buy/sell/trade items. Discussion about the product in hand pertaining to buying/selling or trading it is great, but try to keep it on topic.

7) Comment Sold - Once you sell an item, please comment sold, to indicate it is sold. (We should be introducing the ability to change the thread prefix to "Sold" once a transaction is complete soon!)

8) No Scalping - If you are buying the new products coming out at this time, waiting until they are sold out, and simply attempting to SCALP other members on this forum, that behavior will NOT BE TOLERATED on the forum. If you are doing this, please STOP! It is wrong to simply buy limited edition items, to sell them for profit after they are sold out. If we see this behavior we will contact you and ask you to stop. If this behavior continues, you may be banned.

9) One Bump per 48 hours max.

10) Update Listings - There are many times members will post items for sale in this thread and on Ebay, in other words they are dual posting on separate sites. If you are going to do this and your item sells on another site, please update your listing in the Exchange thread so it can be closed. This makes it easier for members to follow threads and have updates. I will periodically PM sellers to find out if their item has sold, if I see the listing is not getting replies or the seller is not following up on it, by either posting the item is still available, it has been sold, price has been lowered, etc, then the thread will be closed. Thanks!!!!

Terms & Conditions

1) Any transactions discussed/performed in the Oakley Exchange are the responsibility of the buyers and sellers. Oakley Forums is not responsible for any purchases/transactions performed or discussed in this forum.

2) Because we are not involved in any transactions performed on this site, we can only recommend, a safe way to perform transactions. Our recommendation, is once you have the transaction planned out, have the seller go to Ebay.com, and create a posting for the items for the agreed price. The buyer can than immediately go on and buy the item. This way the buyer and seller are both protected by Ebay. This is just a recommendation of a way to perform safe transaction. You may perform than in any way you see fit.

In addition here are some general guidelines to follow in the exchange forums:
- Sellers:
- Be prepared when you list your item for sale. Know that none of your friends want it. If you want to give better deals to friends that's fine, send them PM's in advance. Don't offer them to all in an exchange until you are sure
that none of your friends want what you want to sell.
- Include pics from the start (not adding later)
- State your selling price. If you want to list something and see what it will bring then post it to eBay, list it there and bear the associated marketing fees that you don't bear here on this free forum.
- Honor the first PM'd posting in the FS thread by a responsible buyer with cash in hand. It is your decision whether to honor a request for time to raise funds or
move on to the next buyer with funds available. If the first buyer is not qualified, move
on to the next buyer that PM'd and posted.
- If you sell some stuff and this is like a revenue stream, why not give back and become a Premium Member or Forum Sponsor?

- Buyers:
- When you see an item that you would like to buy, time stamp your offer to purchase with a "PM Sent" posting in the thread and PM the seller that you want to buy at NET listed price.
- First come, first served. Period
There seems to be more breaking of rule 8 lately. I will report any violations that I see.

FYI There is no rule around "scalping" or buying or selling, was gone years ago - just impossible and subjective to police. People pay what they want to pay. If it's a rip off don't buy it.

Username Hidden said:
FYI There is no rule around "scalping" or buying or selling, was gone years ago - just impossible and subjective to police. People pay what they want to pay. If it's a rip off don't buy it.
WOW

Really? That's the kind of community you want here?

Username Hidden said:
WOW

Not at all! Happy to talk through it - How would you define those rules? What is "scalping" vs. reselling? If someone buys it for $100 today and sells it for $120 tomorrow is that scalping? What if they sell it a month from now? A year from now? What if it is $200?

I believe in economics - supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay a price that is what it is worth.

Username Hidden said:
WOW

What rules?

Username Hidden said:
Not at all! Happy to talk through it - How would you define those rules? What is "scalping" vs. reselling? If someone buys it for $100 today and sells it for $120 tomorrow is that scalping? What if they sell it a month from now? A year from now? What if it is $200?

I believe in economics - supply and demand. If someone is willing to pay a price that is what it is worth.

We used to have this rule and it became insane to try to police/justify. Hence why it was removed. I believe the example above is a good one. As always very open to changing it but how would we define it?

Back