• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mission Impossible Clear Split Jacket?

Just me or do those not look the same? The MI picture pair the gaskets look to be lighter and I know for a fact that there was a pair for the fitting that took place with Tom C. that were not the Hero pair worn in the movie. The fitting was done because he has that bump on his nose bridge and well you know Mr Big Hollywood star has to be comfortable while shooting. I also know that both the fitting pair and hero pair were sold, lets just say I can personally verify that. Awesome pair to have either way IMO, especially since there are still only two known to exist and also some spare parts as well.

The studio has the screen used pairs. Prop dealers, auction houses and collectors have all tried unsuccessfully for years to get them to sell or donate them.

Also there were a lot more than 2 made. On the ‘Light the Fuse’ podcast interview, the Prop Master even said he had 15 pairs he worked with for Ghost Protocol during the Dubai shoot and further mentioned how he had to work with the die cut foam given to him.

Last edited:
The studio has the screen used pairs. Prop dealers, auction houses and collectors have all tried unsuccessfully for years to get them to sell or donate them.

Also there were a lot more than 2 made. On the ‘Light the Fuse’ podcast interview, the Prop Master even said he had 15 pairs he worked with for Ghost Protocol during the Dubai shoot and further mentioned how he had to work with the die cut foam.
Like I said, I know there are more than the one mentioned, where the others are is a mystery. I have knowledge of two, that's all I can personally vouch for. 🫠

Back