• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MJLSr's Cab - Part 1

MJLSr

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Sharing a collection thread, or at least starting it... I'll start with a few photos of the following pieces in my collection: - C SIX (1 of my 2), Juliet 24K & X Squared 24K, IH Juliet, GS R2 & GS Fives 3.0, Ichiro's (Gens 1 through 6), an R1, R2, Mars, Penny, XX - !st, 2nd, & 3rd Gen Emerald Juliets, and another piece or three.

First off the C SIX, or one of them at least (I have two...)
MJLSr Collection SetC-02.jpg

Next, We have the 24K's - Juliet & X Squared so happy together :)
MJLSr Collection SetC-01.jpg

MINT Juliet IH...
MJLSr Collection SetC-07.jpg

GSR2 with GS Fives 3.0 (both signed)
MJLSr Collection SetC-04.jpg

Gotta love that lens...
MJLSr Collection SetC-03.jpg

Ichiro's - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations
MJLSr Collection SetC-05.jpg

Ichiro's - 4th, 5th, and 6th generations
MJLSr Collection SetC-06.jpg

R1, R2, and Mars - all X-Metal finish
The R1 and Mars have custom Violet polars, R2 is MINT X-Metal BIP LNIB
MJLSr Collection SetC-08.jpg

Juliet, Penny, and XX - All X-Metal finish
The Juliet and XX have custom Violet polars, BIPs installed in the Penny
MJLSr Collection SetC-09.jpg

1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation serialized Emerald Plasma Juliets w/ all original lenses
MJLSr Collection SetC-10.jpg

So there we go, that will get it started - more pictures to go along with them in the albums area @

More pics @ http://www.oakleyforum.com/useralbums/albums/mjlsr-album-0x1.392/?page=1#ixzz328PoVDr4

More to come...

Man, I knew you had some good stuff but had no idea it was that incredible. Awesome! Excellent! Great job with the photos, too... Kudos all around!

[EDIT - especially love all the Ichiros!]

Very nice Marcus! Excellent photos too! Just curious, what size temples do you wear for your juliets/xx's? I wear 15's on tight pairs and the c six gives me a headache.

Just curious, what size temples do you wear for your juliets/xx's? I wear 15's on tight pairs and the c six gives me a headache.

1) I generally wear 15's on the left and a 25 on the right in a Juliet or R2 frame. There are a few Juliets that fit me evenly with stock/15's in both sides. It's a coin flip [one that I usually lose, but...]. Other X-Metals seem to be 'even' in spite of my somewhat lopsided head LOL. I can wear XX with 15s - had multiple pairs of those, Half-X and Penny (spring), even an X-Squared - just about anything else is straight and 'even'. The Mars is an exception for me, still 'even', but I wear 25's in both sides - it is a nice tight [Mars] frame, I just prefer the feel. I do have one Juliet that has a 50 on the right and a 15 on the left. It looks a bit odd up close, but feels comfortable, and part of the '50' is the frame being just a tad loose - maybe a 25 if it was tighter as most of mine are.

2) The C SIX frame actually fits me well, very even though it is not my style. It rests well on the front, which is the part that needs to fit since it is aluminum (or carbon) and not adjustable. The rest of the fit seems to be in the tension of the spine and spring, which is very comfortable for me. I think the longest I have gone wearing one of my SIX's is about 2 hours and that is due to the lenses. So for the C SIX it not the frames themselves I have an issue with but the lenses, as recently discussed in a different thread or three.

...and BTW - I have a medium head/hat/size, about 23" - so I am right in the middle of the 'sizing' for the sunnies in question.

Thank you all for the kind comments. I took about 140 pics of this first set, liked about 100 of them, but I wanted to keep the main collection thread concise for starters. The remainder of the pics are over in the album [link in the post]. I have another 16 or so pieces to share and some detailed pics of a few of the ones already posted - different angles and lighting - so I'll keep this going now that I finally got it started :cool-20:

Last edited: