• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MM: does it check out?

Hamms

Oakley Enthusiast
Hello all. New to the xmetal game. So far I have two. A pair of Juliet’s and a pair of XS. Thinking of putting the Juliet’s on here for trade for a XS. Fit my face so much better.

But back to the matter at hand. Found this for sale. From what I have found on this forum I believe it checks out but would like an outside opinion.

3A0F3CC6-2A59-4F0A-8DE1-2A0BF9648C29.png

742E4252-C41E-4953-86C2-FCCE214DFB6C.png

AFD8A30D-8013-40C1-87F5-2D7E914FF694.png

Looks good to me. You have to be real careful with the Silver Face though. They made a lot more counterfeits of that model.

What’s the difference between the Oakley Swiss made on one side? I ve seen them this way and separated in both bottom corners. Is it a difference in year manufacturing?
I believe this denotes when they changed from the name “Time Tank” (1st Gen if you will), to “Minute Machine” (2nd Gen in this parlance).

I can’t recall if the back plate was also changed, along with anything else visually.... @Serturbo is familiar with their intricacies.

Most of what I know is fairly common knowledge.. Time tank was changed to minute machine supposedly due to brand infringement from Cartier ... most MM models have the raised logo lettering but there are some exceptions ..

some colorways exclusively have the same side TT etching (all black Dial MM) , others share both (copper MM and black diamond ) and some are exclusively MM etching like the polished OEM blue and black ... these are what I’ve seen from my experience but I could be wrong ..

I would def consider @zwc0442 one of the resident TT/MM experts .. he’s customized and taken apart dozens and knows them inside and out

Last edited:
Back