• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MM screws

Fresh

I should Work at Oakley
Mexico City
I tried searching but couldn't find anything about them. Are the MM screws titanium or Stainless Steel?
I'm asking because the MM I bought was used, and when I took a link off for resizing, I noticed the screws have either some black gunk or rust around the thread. This is an expensive watch so I'm wondering if the screw will rust after time (I've seen some X metal screws rust). I'll obviously clean them up this time, but I just want to know how often should I do it. And is it normal that some of these screws are slightly bent?

IMG_5245.JPG

Last edited:
I believe they are stainless but that is not rust. It is a red loctite.

Per @Jorzaky it is loctite 222
Some is the red cover for the screw threads, but some others do have rust. I was able to wash most of it away, but I'm eorried the regualr use (sweat and skin oils) will cause a build up again

Last edited:
Was it on the post or the tread? I thought the same thing when I took mine apart. Then I took a new one apart and it had the same stuff.

Great to know! Thank you both for the answers. Any idea on the screes bending? Is this normal due to wear? Or Is it due to bad use from the previous owner

Latest Posts

Back