• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Mod5 & Air Brake XL fit

Grrr thank you..but.. I hope your wrong... I purchased specifically cause they review as a good fit together. Playing email tag with Oakley to try find solution like maybe the Asian fit helmet or goggles offers which I'm far from that shape of a head

You maybe correct. I've tried to reply to Oakley email support that came with very broken English an some suggestes that made no sense so i called Oakley...waited in phone sue for around 45mins an spoke with a rep that told me all email support goes an comes from Dominican Republic and they had many complaints poor emaul support given. Sadly rep could bot help me cause they dobt have mod5 helmet or a air brake xl in the Building. Rep admitted Only had mod3's an regular air brakes. Plus helmets are considerd apparel which is a different division and the goggles. Best advice 800 representative could give me and thank goodness I have an Oakley store in my area is to call them and find out when would be a good time for me to come in and have the manager or one of the employees that's most knowledgeable about both working together an have them pull rank on finding a solution from the stores resources

Fyi as this shows they fit better on this person then me. Also this review shows a better fit an raves how well both work together

IMG_4740.jpg

I've sold this combo and had it work perfect for some people - does not work for me at all. It think with size of the goggle being so large, if your head is large or shaped a certain way it almost pushes the bottom of the goggles forward which affects the fit on the top. Not sure if that's exactly why, but works for some but not for others.

I think Oakster is right about the head/face shape making the goggle sit a bit more forward on you than on others. If it is really cold I wear a balaclava under the helmet so it isn't really an issue that the goggles and helmet are perfectly flush. The Airbrake XL is pretty big and a Canopy would probably work slightly better for you with that helmet.

I'm at a loss what to do now take a look at this Oakley Facebook page post I started

Joe Foe

Seriously there isn't much that can be done with the gap on the sides. If it used fitpads you could have those in the front moving brim of the helmet slightly more forward on your head. The mask you are wearing looks like it pushes the goggles slightly forward, but not much. The brim should imho just be barely forward of the top of the goggle and on some of the pics of other people wearing it I'd say the helmet is sized too large.

Since there isn't anything wrong with the goggle or the helmet I can't see how Oakley can help you with it. Head shapes are different and no one helmet works for everyone even with boa fit, fit pads etc..

Agree with ones I have...But...If I didn't stress it enough that Asian fit helmet or an or Asian fit goggles mix or match maybe better fit for my Mellon to reduce gap.

Agree with ones I have...But...If I didn't stress it enough that Asian fit helmet or an or Asian fit goggles mix or match maybe better fit for my Mellon to reduce gap.

Afaik they would fit a less oval head/face and would probably be worse, but I haven't tried them (never seen AF fit items in stores here so I haven't tried them)

Back