• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moda3 on eBay

I made the comment that there was a label on the box albeit of a different size and style to a normal label, and whilst I did not state the origins of it I would add since you claim it is a Moda3 label that the print is consistent with Oakley text. If indeed Oakley had no sku code, and the label is Moda3, then the part # printed of 080463 would surely still stand as a sku, rather than be wholly dismissed. Both O Review and my complete Gen 3 Frogskin list made for the Forum show this sku which I believe would be correct. I do not know the business side of how Moda3 acquired their stock, but these were sold on their website, thus were available to the public, whereas St Patrick's and St Valentine's were not.
You mention that "A label on the box (or lack thereof) has no bearing on authenticity", however, I would suggest the opposite is true, since if all the original product had a specific label on the box (regardless of whether the label was of Moda3 or Oakley origins), then that feature would show some authenticity. The lenses, microbag, plastic bag, insert, and the box 'on it's own' could come from anywhere, and the frame, since all are different, is potentially easy to copy and make to look like a real one, so to me, the label is pivotal. If the ebay pair has that label, I would suggest it is real. I would question how much effort someone would have to go to to produce the label, and make it exact, to pull off a complete fake.

I remember these vaguely from a few years ago, I'll contact my buddy who still works for O as to if he can remember anything about the Moda 3 stock. He does/did a lot of the inter company promotions, so if anyone might remember it could be him.

Labels are very easy to fake, I've seized thousands of pairs of stock before all with seemingly legitimate Oakley labels on that were made third party. However, I take your point on this instance, there is 0% chance if it does have a label that it's a fake, it's just too item specific nobody would bother. That doesn't mean to say if there isn't a label it is a fake, a lot of people who buy (even stuff like this) are not even the slightest bit interested in collecting and don't bother with boxes etc.

@OOO how about some more pics of that epic frog collection
Now that pics can be uploaded, I'll find time to snap a few.
Don't have every single Frog ever released, but fair to say I got many or most.
Will open another thread.
I'll take one of the Moda3 clear box label as well, stuck to the middle of the box, not on the box end like the regular Frogs.

Latest Posts

Back