• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Moda3 on eBay

It is indeed my auction, sorry for not mentioning that earlier. Ask @OakleyFrankFMJ about the authenticity of his Ultimate Elite Collection and let's just put this issue to rest once and for all...

Cheers!
The items I have purchased from AndyO were in fact verified by some personnel at HQ to be authentic. His shipping was immaculate and the items were beautiful.

I would not doubt the authenticity of anything AndyO has, and if I did I would have it verified by the very persons involved in making them.

Thanks @OakleyFrankFMJ

By the way, there's a funny story about how the MODA 3 Frogskins came to be...

There was a guy at MODA 3 who "created" the splatter paint graphic used on the MODA 3 A-Frame snow goggle strap, and he was pissed when Oakley came out with a slightly different (but similar) splatter paint strap design on a regular production goggle the following season.

So MODA 3 guy calls to complain that Oakley "stole his design", despite the fact that Oakley was doing splatter paint in the late 80's and no doubt somebody somewhere had been doing splatter paint long before Oakley or Jackson Pollack made it cool. Oakley then created a one-off batch of splatter paint Frogskins and shipped them to MODA 3 as a peace offering, no charge.

True story.

This IS from that batch of Frogskins but was never shipped to MODA 3, hence no sticker on the box.

@teddy57 you are right to question but based on the things other members have bought from him, these are real imo and I think most will now agree. Lack of a label may hurt resale but with his story it shouldn't effect it too much. As you can see people are bidding

Back