• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Model Identification Please

Yeah - I've got some spare Hijinx (ex-ChromeJinx) that will hopefully join the next production run that good ol' Batters is planning after the current one.

Will camo on camo not be overkill?

Of - y'know - camo?

Yeah - I've got some spare Hijinx (ex-ChromeJinx) that will hopefully join the next production run that good ol' Batters is planning after the current one.

Will camo on camo not be overkill?

Of - y'know - camo?

Might do but you can't beat a bit of overkill. I can always change the icons out i suppose if i get a black pair as well.

Unless i can land a cheep pair of white ones. Then i'll send those off instead.

I believe that comes from way back when, believe it or not, there were no Oakley stores. Oakley did all there sales through authorized dealers and if memory serves me correctly SGH was one of the first and largest. There relationship is a long one and there even was a small falling out around the time Oakley started to open retail stores. Emerald Iridium was a SGH exclusive back in the day.

Luxottica is the parent company of Sunglass Hut. This statement alone should explain everything. :lol:

Luxottica is the parent company of Sunglass Hut. This statement alone should explain everything. :lol:

Yep that figures, working hand in hand. But as a collector would you purchase from SGH to get the glasses & case only. I know when i get a new pair i like to have everything, glasses, case, paperwork & box. Plus the sales assistants phone number if they're nice..................... :wink:

Yes, this makes sense. Oakley will have wanted to keep the big retailers on side back in the day.
Then they opened their own stores.
Then they all became a happy (?) family under the Lux umbrella.
I'm prepared to accept this.

Then SGH got their own back for the next ten years by being sh1t with every area of Oakley retail. From handling glasses, to not offering UK customers any discounts.

Latest Posts

Back