• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Model Or SKU Number Placement On Frogskins Right Or Left Arm?

MarlinMOB

Oakley Beginner
Hello, I am a new user here and very excited to start on this forum. I have been collecting Frogskins for the past few years, mainly eBay pickups. I sometimes see that the model numbers are mostly on the left leg where they say "Made in USA" and on others it is on the right leg where they say "Frogskins" has anyone else experienced this. I am hoping this is not an indication of counterfeit Frogskins.

I have 18 pairs and just checked them all ...

13 pairs have the model numbers on the left leg

2 pairs have the number on the right leg (Van Ness Wu, and Blacklight Black)

3 pairs have no model number on them (Older Crystal Red, Custom "Stealth" Black I purchased at an O Store, and White Camo Rag & Bone)

Hope this helps ...

Thank you. The pair of crystal red I have also has no numbers on the arms and the Rootbeer frogskins has the number on the right leg, while most others are on the left. I have also seen the same model of white pair with red iridium lenses have the numbers on left and right. I was hoping that there was a method to this or if the missing numbers or numbers being on the right leg was a give away for a pair of knock offs, but I do not think this is the case. I have picked up a handful of used frogskins on ebay for steals lately, some with missing numbers and numbers on the right.

Thanks for the reply and I look forward to posting and learning more through these boards.

-MM

Back