• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Models that fits my face

ChrisL

Oakley Beginner
Hello

I'm new to use sunglasses and I have now decided to buy myself a nice par of Oakleys. But I'm not sure which models would fit my face and hoped that you guys could give me some inspiration - I have to buy them from a web shop since there are no stores near me where I have any chance for trying them on.

It's mainly for driving and walking on sunny days. I have been looking on two models so far:

1. Silver
Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

2. Two face

Picture of the face they are going to be worn:

I'm looking forward to hear your recommendations. And I hope this thread is in the right category.

Thank you on advance
Chris

... I have to buy them from a web shop since there are no stores near me where I have any chance for trying them on ...

Have you checked the store locator on Oakley's website for any nearby authorized dealers? (sunglass hut, optometrists, sporting goods stores, skate shops, ski shops, etc). There are often stores you may not think of which have a handful of Oakley sunglasses in a standalone display case.

Without a pic of you wearing known sunglasses for size reference, or being able to describe the fit of known sunglasses, it's tough to give a recommendation based on a pic of your face alone. If you can't find them locally, just order from an online retailer with a solid return policy. Personally I find the TwoFace to be slightly more forgiving than the Sliver on my larger noggin. Holbrook is another suggestion along the same style lines.

Have you checked the store locator on Oakley's website for any nearby authorized dealers? (sunglass hut, optometrists, sporting goods stores, skate shops, ski shops, etc). There are often stores you may not think of which have a handful of Oakley sunglasses in a standalone display case.

Without a pic of you wearing known sunglasses for size reference, or being able to describe the fit of known sunglasses, it's tough to give a recommendation based on a pic of your face alone. If you can't find them locally, just order from an online retailer with a solid return policy. Personally I find the TwoFace to be slightly more forgiving than the Sliver on my larger noggin. Holbrook is another suggestion along the same style lines.

Yes people.... Take the advice and order from a dealer that has a reputable easy return policy, or go to a shop and try them on. Many times people make suggestions which are not proven solid or tested, or they fail to read the fine print and bring the problem to a forum thread and expect us to fix it.

Many members love X Metal frames, and buy them because that's what they enjoy to wear, many threads say they are the shiznet. However you have that one member that reads all about them and has to buy them and once they try them on, they complain about them, and want to get rid of them <which is not a problem, if the price is right> so do yourself a favor and take this tidbit of info and utilize it.

Hello again - and thanks for the warm welcome.

The stores that I have tried which are in OK driving range from me here in Denmark have a very small selection, and mostly real glasses and not sunglasses unfortunately.
I'll try to take a picture with one of my friends Oakley's later today for scale on my head, like @Kuztomized said.

Thank you guys so far - will return with the picture as soon as possible.

Good advice given, and welcome to the community!
Good luck getting some FaceTime with some different pairs. ;)

Hello again

I have now taking some shots with a pair of Holbrooks you can use for scaling - I actually think they look cool, but come with your recommendations and suggestions.

1:

2:

3:

Looks good man, I say get a pair of Holbrooks if you like them. Also just a quick note, you can upload pics directly to a forum post ("upload a file") rather than using an image host. That way your pics will show within the post rather than a link that we have to click on. Also a lot of members here can't see images from hosted sites while checking the forum from work.

Back